First Couples Shoot

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited August 31, 2010 in People
So the past couple months have had some new stuff for me. This was a shoot I did for my brother in-laws cousin and his wife. She wanted some stuff for their walls back in Tenn. She gave a little idea of what they wanted and told me to just run with it. Let me know what you think!

_DSC0342ed.jpg
_DSC0331ed.jpg
_DSC0316ed.jpg
_DSC0310ed.jpg
_DSC0297ed.jpg
_DSC0188ed.jpg
_DSC0132ed2.jpg

Comments

• Crystal EveCrystal Eve Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    The first one is fantastic! I appreciate that each photo has a different look. Way to keep things versatile.
    Boudoir | Wedding | Portrait | Automotive

Website | Facebook | Email
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    The first one is fantastic! I appreciate that each photo has a different look. Way to keep things versatile.

I was trying to get a wide variety for them so it wasnt all the same stuff on the wall. The first was actually 2 shots. I took the one of them holding the phone then just took the phone out and move their hands back. Just a little bit of PS and whamo blamo. Im glad you like them! Gives me more confience do shoot more when other photogs like them
  • Crystal EveCrystal Eve Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    I was trying to get a wide variety for them so it wasnt all the same stuff on the wall. The first was actually 2 shots. I took the one of them holding the phone then just took the phone out and move their hands back. Just a little bit of PS and whamo blamo. Im glad you like them! Gives me more confience do shoot more when other photogs like them

What a clever technique! I will have to give that a try sometime! Nice work!!
    Boudoir | Wedding | Portrait | Automotive

Website | Facebook | Email
    edited August 27, 2010
    no other comments???
    edited August 28, 2010
    are these really that bad that nobody else has nothing to say?
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    People not commenting on great pics is some kind of DGrin phenomena. Sometimes people feel like commenting ... sometimes they don't or are simply just feeling lazy. rolleyes1.gif

I for one think your pics are outstanding. They are very creative.... and that always makes for the best pics. 4,5, and 7 are all good..... but not on the same level as the others. Nice work.

thumb.gif
    edited August 29, 2010
    People not commenting on great pics is some kind of DGrin phenomena. Sometimes people feel like commenting ... sometimes they don't or are simply just feeling lazy. rolleyes1.gif

I for one think your pics are outstanding. They are very creative.... and that always makes for the best pics. 4,5, and 7 are all good..... but not on the same level as the others. Nice work.

thumb.gif

Thank you!. Ya you know whenever I look at a thread I always try to post something. It just makes me nervous when I post something and it gets 300 looks with no response. I sometimes feel like its a popularity contest on here and I want to know how to get on everyones good list! I really appreciate the comments and I am totally glad you liked them!
  • Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    OK, you badgered me into commenting. :D

I really like #1. I studied it for a bit wondering how you accomplished it. Great work!

As others have said, lots of different views keeps it really interesting. I like the "sneak peek" effect of #2, but I'm not a fan of camera tilts, so I would have preferred it level.

Great job and I'm sure they will hire you! mwink.gif

Scott
  • JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    love that first one, cool idea!

Joi Cohen-Haroun
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    I like 1 and 6. thumb.gif
    edited August 30, 2010
    OK, you badgered me into commenting. :D

I really like #1. I studied it for a bit wondering how you accomplished it. Great work!

As others have said, lots of different views keeps it really interesting. I like the "sneak peek" effect of #2, but I'm not a fan of camera tilts, so I would have preferred it level.

Great job and I'm sure they will hire you! mwink.gif

Scott

ya #1 is def. my favorite! I was trying to keep it varied so that it helped them have a good lot to choose from. I wanted to do more, but due to time and light I wasnt able to. I guess next time they come out this way I will be able to get some other stuff. As for the tilt it wasnt intentional and I guess I never fixed it. The sidewalk I was standing on wasnt very flat. Thanks for pointing it out for me!
    edited August 30, 2010
    JoiJoi wrote: »
    love that first one, cool idea!

Honestly #1 was the first one I wanted to shoot. I had been waiting for someone with an Iphone for ever now. I thought it worked out pretty well!
    edited August 30, 2010
    met wrote: »
    I like 1 and 6. thumb.gif

Ya #1 is my favorite. #6 came from a friend of mine kind of. He does shots like that when he does family shoots with toddlers. They just love their dog so I tried it with him. The dog loved to have his picture taken.
  • YooperYooper Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 30, 2010
    1 & 6 for me.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    I think these are pretty good. I do agree that there is a wide variety in types of shots/angels here and that works well. The one thing I noticed is that there isn't much uniformity in the processing styles, however. I think that you might want to play around and then find one or two styles that you think you really like and then stick to those, rather than using several different styles. It will help you find your niche, I think, and will give your audience a way to recognize and define your images (and that's important!!!).
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Over all I like these a lot with number seven being my fave though I would like to see a tighter crop. Perhaps eliminate the sky at the top?
    The many different styles are cool too
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited August 31, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    I think these are pretty good. I do agree that there is a wide variety in types of shots/angels here and that works well. The one thing I noticed is that there isn't much uniformity in the processing styles, however. I think that you might want to play around and then find one or two styles that you think you really like and then stick to those, rather than using several different styles. It will help you find your niche, I think, and will give your audience a way to recognize and define your images (and that's important!!!).

The problem I have with sticking with one processing style is the one style isnt for everyone. I like to provide a wide variety of looks and angles. In my opinion one shot works well with one type of processing and one might not work well with that same one. So if I am sticking to one form of processing I am limiting the amount I would show to the customer. I appreciate your comments and I am pleased to see that you like them.
    edited August 31, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Over all I like these a lot with number seven being my fave though I would like to see a tighter crop. Perhaps eliminate the sky at the top?
    The many different styles are cool too

You know I never thought about doing a tight crop on it. I was trying to get a lot more depth to the photo. I guess show that there is more to the scene. I will try the crop and see how it looks! Thanks for your comments!