PS CS2 driving me bananas! (windows pop to front)

photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
edited August 30, 2005 in Finishing School
When I upgraded from PS CS to PS CS2 (on WinXP), Photoshop exhibited a change in behavior that is driving me bananas.
Does anyone know what causes this, and how to stop it?...

The problem is twofold:
  1. whenever my mouse cursor passes over the Photoshop main window, Photoshop pops to the front (obscuring other application windows). This does not happen with any other application, just Photoshop.
  2. Within Photoshop, when I have multiple subwindows open (one image in each subwindow), whenever my mouse cursor passes over any image subwindow, that subwindow pops to the front (obscuring other image subwindows).
This is neither the behavior I want nor expect. I expect each window to mind its own business and retain its position in the window stack unless I click on its title bar with the mouse. PS CS2's newfound behavior is unexpected, not to mention grossly inconvenient at times.

At the risk of repeating myself ... does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it?

thanks much!
Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Comments

• photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Found a solution -- FIXED, now!
    After living with this weird behavior for several months, and finally posting to see if anyone had a solution ... naturall, tonight I managed to fix it by myself.

I still don't know what caused it, but I fixed it by running Microsoft's PowerToys "TweakUI" utility, and under General > Focus, checked the "Prevent applications from stealing focus" box. I swear I had done this a long time ago, but it seems that somehow it became "unchecked" when I installed PS CS2. Oh well, happily, it's fixed now!
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...