Options

Strang Association

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited August 28, 2010 in Holy Macro
I found an unusual fruit on a tree in a neighborhood close to my home, and it immediately brought this image to mind:

984108314_qDJGG-O.jpg

This is a photo of an early atomic explosion, recorded by a Rapatronic camera stationed 7 miles from the explosion. 1/100/000/000 sec. Clearly not a "macro" shot!!

Here's what inspired the recollection in-situ. As of yet, I have no idea what it is. The larger "ball" is abt 25mm in diameter:

(Stacked in Zerene)
984109018_a3Bt6-XL.jpg

About 85% life size. My eyesight is so bad, I didn't eve notice the lint, till I saw the photos on the monitor. 14 image stack in PS5. For some reason, I didn't have any crisp data for the lower margin of the fruit.

984109945_mVy5F-XL.jpg

Sliced and diced on the cutting board. Stacked in PS5. Stack could be better, but I burned out:
984147522_qHa5H-XL.jpg

It smells faintly "peachy" when cut open. Any ideas?
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    great stack shot, very good detail
    try cloning a part from further round the fruit to fill in the blurred parts
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Interesting fruit ! especially like the last 2 shots !
    Brian v.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Still unidentified
    Thanks Phil and Brian. I'm still trying to compare stacking with CS5 and Zerene. So far, I think CS5 gives a better result initially, but Zerene is MUCH easier to retouch. Trying to identify which layer mask to paint with a white or black brush, etc, is a big PITA, and the more layers, the worse. Zerene makes the process much easier.

I do appreciate the ability to use the raw files in CS5. It's a pain and waste of storage space to have to convert to jpg before loading into Zerene, then manipulate.

I still don't know what this tree is. I thought I was getting close with "persimmon" but I don't think that's what it is. I haven't the cojones to taste it.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.