Would you hire this second shooter?

Z6IZ6I Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
edited August 30, 2010 in People
I have hired a tough new second shooter. I handed over my D300s and he shot away to prove himself. Here is one of his shots of me.
984581353_HGcg8-L.jpg

So I turned the camera back on him and his attitude. Oh yeah, he's my 3 1/2 year old grandson.

984588050_sUYvY-L.jpg

Should I use him on my next shoot?

Comments

• l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Do it!!

You'd be surprised at what kids take pictures of, often stuff we'd never think to do.

My son LOVES to shoot with me (not on any "pro" shoots, but he'll pick up a camera if we're shooting around the house). I have several old Brownies and a recently acquired Kodak Duoflex and he loves shooting with them, he remembers to wind the film more often than I do :)

When we go on field trips with him, I'll hand him a camera, even brave enough to hand over my beloved Rebel, and let him pull up his pictures on the computer, edit them and put them on Facebook, it's soo cute what he comes up with.

My husband's in a band and on the rare occasion my son comes with us to shoot, I'll give him a camera - the band liked one of them so much, it made it to their website, complete with "photo by Connor" under it. Connor was THRILLED.
  • Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Dont ask do it!!! I have a 2nd shooter too. At a later time Ill be back to your post and so you can see one of his photos he is 9

Jaime
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Here's two shining examples of why kids should play with expensive toys:

My then 5 year old shooting with my Rebel with a 75-200mm f/4.5 lens. What you can't see is that he's wearing a kilt while shooting this - so he was getting weird looks all the way around. And before you ask, I'm pretty sure the shot didn't come out, that camera gets seriously heavy after the grip and that lens are added - he couldn't hold it still long enough.
    My Mini Me

And here's the shot that's on the band's website -- he shot this with my point and shoot, somewhere I have the picture I took of this setup, I promise my husband isn't this much of a giant.
    Giant Bagpiper!
  • Z6IZ6I Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Thanks! He is as excited to take photos as I am to have him with me.
  • banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    i think you should definitly do it
    their minds are so open for information teach him the ways and let him soak it up and i bet it wont be long before you are getting shown stuff from him lol
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)