Twins

fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited August 28, 2010 in People
As in reflex lenses. Saw this young lady using a Rollie and she was having a ball.

BTW, no motor drive on this one

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Medium Format Film is alive and well. There is a cult following on Flickr not only for MF Film, but for TLR(twin lens reflex) cameras as well.

The gal in your photo is in deep concentration. She is manually focusing, without the aide of a split screen focus screen. She is composing with a viewfinder in which everything that appears on the left is actually on the right....something that is VERY un-natural. She is least of all concerned about exposure as I dont think that her particular camera has a meter. Unless she has a handheld meter, she is simply using the sunny 16 rule. Film is very forgiving in this regard.

My TLR

852510560_944vw-M.jpg

894825509_kbQ49-S.jpg
  • fmrnykrfmrnykr Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Twins
    Jeff,

She had no meter and was observing the sunny rule. She was shooting a blues band called Purple Smoke @ 2:33PM. I watched from my shooting position on stage as she deftly changed to a new roll of film. Brought back memories from my film days. Think I'll pull out my F5 and shoot some slides; even though her task is far more difficult due to the reversal in the view finder.

Thanks for looking.

Bob
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Medium Format Film is alive and well. There is a cult following on Flickr not only for MF Film, but for TLR(twin lens reflex) cameras as well.

The gal in your photo is in deep concentration. She is manually focusing, without the aide of a split screen focus screen. She is composing with a viewfinder in which everything that appears on the left is actually on the right....something that is VERY un-natural. She is least of all concerned about exposure as I dont think that her particular camera has a meter. Unless she has a handheld meter, she is simply using the sunny 16 rule. Film is very forgiving in this regard.

My TLR

852510560_944vw-M.jpg

894825509_kbQ49-S.jpg