Options

twitter

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited August 28, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Curious how fellow photogs are using twitter for marketing.

Right now I try to update my blog once a day and send a tweet with the link. It drives traffic to my blog but not sure how much money it drives to my wallet. In other words, it's for SEO but not measurable profit.

Anyone have any cool photography related twitter ideas to share?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    I live in a rural area and no one around here uses Twitter. Like you I use it to link to blog for traffic for SEO. There are some great contests out there to win. I won a seminar with Matthew Jordan Smith on Twitterwings.gif!

Facebook is another story, it is driving money to my wallet, though I am spending some to get that. Facebook ads are cheap and drive traffic. I am just finishing up my first campaign that I spent $50.00 on and got one booking.clap.gif
    dogwood wrote: »
    Curious how fellow photogs are using twitter for marketing.

Right now I try to update my blog once a day and send a tweet with the link. It drives traffic to my blog but not sure how much money it drives to my wallet. In other words, it's for SEO but not measurable profit.

Anyone have any cool photography related twitter ideas to share?
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    I don't rely on Twitter for advertising or SEO. I just male fellow photogs aware of new or interesting pictures or articles I come across. I actually use it more for my day job, which has garnered me a fair number of followers. Still debating splitting the photography stuff into it's own account, but haven't yet.

Facebook is definitely another animal, and has been very productive.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter