Moonlight Landscape

Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
edited August 28, 2010 in Landscapes
Headed for the mountain wednesday afternoon. Due to the fact that I didn't get out of work as early as I wanted and traffic, I didn't get to my intended designation on time for the sunset. I entered the park after sunset and headed for Reflection lake to see what I could capture in the moonlight.

985336845_uwYzq-L.jpg

after spending some time here I decided to stay and capture the sunrise. I drove over to the parking lot at Tipsoo, had a bite to eat and caught some sleep.

Up early I captured this image before the fog rolled in a little before sunrise and obscured the mountain.

985359427_vigPF-L.jpg

The fog rolled in and I decided to head for work capturing one last image.

985393605_ub7D4-L.jpg
I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.

Comments

• LindiweLindiwe Registered Users Posts: 606 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Gorgeous scenes. For me at least, the second and third images more than make up for sleeping in the parking lot.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Hey Roaddog, love the big dipper shot. clap.gif. Another Mt Rainier 'sleep in the car' photographer. Gotta get me an SUV I can sleep in. deal.gif
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Thanks for viewing and commenting.
    Another Mt Rainier 'sleep in the car' photographer. Gotta get me an SUV I can sleep in.

Dan, No sleeping in the car for me. My photography travel platform is an AWD Astro van with a custom lift kit I built. I removed the back seats and built a bench seat that slides out into a 6ft bed and loads of staorage, all I need is a place to park.

424951871_gkhrr-L.jpg

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 28, 2010
    Great shots. thumb.gif