Busy Busy Summer Selection

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited August 31, 2010 in People
Being busy with travel, then working to support the travel, and a little adventuring thrown in as well has kept me from having much downtime lately to post to DGrin, and I've been a little disappointed that this is the case! So just to make sure I don't completely disappear from the forums, here's a brief view of some of the people stuff I've managed to get in the last month or so. Feel free to comment and critique, I'm at a stage in my photography where I feel I'm improving a good deal, and I certainly don't want that to stop, so speak up if I'm still missing something! :D

First I'll share my first shot at maternity photos with a cousin of mine. We've always been close, and when she said she hadn't considered maternity photos and wasn't very interested, I teamed up with her mom and my wife and nagged her until she relented. On a sad note, the father is out of the picture entirely, but we got some results she was thrilled with and completely changed her mind about the shoot. :D
948828957_tx667-L-1.jpg

948952283_q6ZkE-L-1.jpg

Next shoot, we headed out with a friend of mine from high school. I shot her wedding as my very first one, fresh out of school and using my old Fuji point-and-shoot, and then she went and had twin redheaded girls to go along with the one boy he already had, and now a few years later they're quite the beautiful family! I must confess though, while scouring my brain for a prime location to shoot, I randomly browsed across one of Heatherfeather's shots that happened to be in the area we intended to go, so I stole her location. :rofl
973269476_Tnf74-L.jpg

973268418_Lprqm-L.jpg

973271404_syeE8-L.jpg

Next up was another family shoot with another set of friends. This one we pounded out in the first unobscured sunshine of the fall, and at noon to boot. Lighting was tricky for sure, but I feel I managed to salvage a couple at least!
976665436_tnyBU-L-1.jpg

976666860_egcru-L-1.jpg

And then early this week I pounded out a portrait for a magazine we landed a contract with, and then headed straight from that to go shoot some friends of ours that I figured were worth shooting pictures of. :D
983052061_mRSTc-L-4.jpg

983058998_bQtZG-L-4.jpg

983062081_juwEo-L-4.jpg

983062912_yp9r4-L-2.jpg

983062895_ynZqa-L-5.jpg

So anyway, I'm still around and still shooting! :D Hope everyone enjoys this brief post, and we'll see if things slow down enough to shoot and post more come winter. :thumb
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 29, 2010
    Good to hear from you!

Congrats on the magazine contract too!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    number 8 is my favorite so far very nice shot
    can i ask what you did to the water to get that effect please it looks almost fake very nice touch
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    bandit wrote: »
    number 8 is my favorite so far very nice shot
    can i ask what you did to the water to get that effect please it looks almost fake very nice touch

Certainly! :D It was kinda dark in the woods, so I cranked my aperture down to f/16 at 100 ISO, and was able to leave the shutter open for a lot longer than typical, specifically 1/2 second for that photo. The extra exposure time means the moving elements of the photo, such as the water, will be blurred. Then I told Nicole to hold really still. rolleyes1.gif The full gallery for that shoot is here if you wanted to see more: http://www.morffed.com/2010/Jylia-and-Nicole/ If you pay attention to the skirts you can see where they moved some just from air movement during some of the exposures.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    These are great!
    Thanks for sharing, the last one is my fave
    Yo soy Reynaldo