Options

are there currently performance issues?

dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited August 30, 2005 in SmugMug Support
just seems the last week or so (and especially today) smugmug doesn't seem to be it's normal snappy self.

I've tried from home, work, and my parents (all high-speed) with the same result. Normally paging is almost instaneous, currently it's taking much longer for everything to load during paging (e.g., thumbnails normally all appear at the same time but now slowy come up). Bringing up pics is taking much longer and sometimes seems to stall for a while.

Is anyone else noticing? Maybe it's just me??? I just want to know if this something is going on.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    I've seen it too today
    just seems the last week or so (and especially today) smugmug doesn't seem to be it's normal snappy self.

I've tried from home, work, and my parents (all high-speed) with the same result. Normally paging is almost instaneous, currently it's taking much longer for everything to load during paging (e.g., thumbnails normally all appear at the same time but now slowy come up). Bringing up pics is taking much longer and sometimes seems to stall for a while.

Is anyone else noticing? Maybe it's just me??? I just want to know if this something is going on.
    I've seen the same problem today.

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 30, 2005

today has been very bad...
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Off and on the last several days have been slower (at least to me). Hopefully it's a problem that can be fixed easily. I'm just getting ready to turn on my site to clients and I'd like for their first impressions to be favorable (read that as responsive site).

Fred
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Umm, yes -
    same here in Melbourne. I thought it was just tyranny of distance working against us again. Couple of bad days, but today worst, super slow on two computers.

..... But just read of Baldy's accident, fix him up first (first things first).
  • Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Same here in Seattle
    From work and home (DSL and T1 respectively) smugmug has been painfully slow for the last two days (Sunday and Monday). I've stayed away from it hoping it would get cleared up in the next few days.

Ben
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    1 - i've passed this thread to smugmug support - i'm sure they will look into it

2 - fwiw, i'm browsing from nyc office, on a dsl line, and smugmug sites loading really zipppy for me - no perceived degradation here.

i know that lots depends on location, etc but just thought i'd post my experience.

i ran firefox's web speed test (it's part of the web developer plugin) and the results are here

the speed test for www.smugmug.com is here

i don't know how valid, reliable these speed tests are, just found them today in fact :D
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    I just tested it again and it "is" running much faster than earlier. Is anyone else still running slow?

Fred
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Techman1 wrote:
    I just tested it again and it "is" running much faster than earlier. Is anyone else still running slow?

Fred

one thing to remember is that sunday nights and mondays are the busiest times on smugmug - folks uploading and sorting etc all their shots from the weekend....

cheers
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    I was also seeing the drag, majorly slow, Havn't checked this am but the last two days were painfully slow, those who want less compression on resized images should think about this.

James.
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Maybe it's the US Open? Raphael Nadal uses smugmug and he seemed to slow it down during Wimbledon?
  • Options
    pumpkinpumpkin Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Maybe it's the US Open? Raphael Nadal uses smugmug and he seemed to slow it down during Wimbledon?

I noticed it was going quite slowly a couple of nights ago (like slower than 5KB/s - and it wasn't me... multiple OC3s are probably not the bottleneck :P)

but now it's zippy and wonderful as always :) yay
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    I was going slow...but now it seems to be even faster than normal....SWEET.