4939010790_75f19da5ae_z.jpg
More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
Jason Hummel photography on:
FACEBOOK

Comments

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    No one else has commented so I will. I think it's great to see you branching out from your main photographic style. The colors of this are unusual (especially for PNWers) and the patterns of the veins are also really cool.

I think this photo does suffer from the shallow DOF, particularly in the lower portions just off center. This is where my eye seems to be drawn to after the center focal point.
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    scole wrote: »
    I think this photo does suffer from the shallow DOF, particularly in the lower portions just off center. This is where my eye seems to be drawn to after the center focal point.

Maybe recrop and put the stem a bit farther to the left, putting what's tack sharp dead center?

Really like this... iloveyou.gif

Malte
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Thx for the feedback. The narrow dof was what I liked about this photo. I believe I had others with better dof, but chose this one over them. Perhaps I will do as you guys suggested. Ha. I have about 5k photos I'm working through from the month, so I'll likely just move on unless a few others feel this way as well?
    More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
    Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
    Jason Hummel photography on:
    FACEBOOK
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    I just saw this on your site and I just loved it. You're very much the photographer who not just posts incredible views from above the timberline, but just presenting things we take advantage of in totally new ways. I can't think of a better way to grow!