hs senior portrait

burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited August 31, 2005 in People
took these senior portraits of the weekend - thought I'd share a couple...

Comments

• burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    and here's a second one..
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Hi burke
    They are both nice. My preferrence is the first, it is quite classic and makes one wonder what she is looking off to - her future? In the second I dislike the scarf and her hair flying as I cannot really tell from the background that she is outdoors.

However, in both, I think it would be preferable to include all of her arms and hands. At least worth a try.

Good job.

ann
    edited August 30, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    However, in both, I think it would be preferable to include all of her arms and hands. At least worth a try.

Good job.

ann
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about the lack of hands - she was such a natural in front of the camera.. except with her hands; they looked so awkward. So I guess cutting them out altogether is not such a great solution headscratch.gif? Something for me to work on...:D
    Thanks for your feedback - I appreciate it!
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2005
    Both are really nice photos, I prefer the first one. I think there is too much blue in the second photo. I would also crop a bit off the top. The lack of hand didn't bother me so much.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    as always im in the minority, i really like the 2nd one!!!! She is adorable and the color and scarf only but add to her charm!

what the heck do i know,
    troy

burke wrote:
    and here's a second one..
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    as always im in the minority, i really like the 2nd one!!!! She is adorable and the color and scarf only but add to her charm!

what the heck do i know,
    troy
    I have to agree with Troy. I really favor the second one too. THe white doesn't look right on the first. Like it's too grey or something? Again it could just be my preference but maybe you could adjust the levels or the curves and bump the contrast so it's not so flat?
    Missy Ü
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    Hi burke!

I'll agree with Troy and Melissa here, and tell you I really prefer the second picture! :):
    Regarding the first picture, I'd say I'm not too fond of the tone you chose for it, but also I think you shot her with the camera slightly higher than her face, in a downwards angle, and that seems to have emphasized her forehead a little too much, giving her face a not-so-beautiful shape.
    Now compare that with the second photo: her smile is so much more relaxed, and her face appears to have a much more natural and beautiful shape, especially because of the camera angle, and of course, the fact that her hair is not so straight, giving her face an even more gracious shape. Great shot!
    Of course, please take my comments with a grain of salt, as I'm no expert, and I told you only how I *felt* about the photos, without being technical and all.

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited August 31, 2005
    thanks everyone for your comments - I greatly appreciate it!!