Options

Two More from Medical Camp

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
987883275_eaDvh-L.jpg

987883325_EZeRC-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    I particularly like #1 Awais. I like the hi key treatment and the contrast between the young boy and the elder to the left.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    I really like the first, but I'm torn with whether the man on the far left should be cropped out. For me, it adds a third component to the composition that sort of detracts from the juxtaposition of the young boy facing us and the men facing away.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2010
    Thanks, i am also not sure about the man on left. And she is young girl not boy, look at textures on her dress.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Thanks, i am also not sure about the man on left. And she is young girl not boy, look at textures on her dress.

Wow on #1--this one is just freaking fantastic---Love it.

I also like #2 as a portrait very much.

The conversion is right up my alley.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Both are excellent photographs, but, for me. #1 is a real winner.

I can understand the point about cropping out the man on the left. I agree it would make the picture even stronger.

When I first looked at the photograph, though, all I saw was the child and the men with their backs to the camera. After reading the suggestion from michswiss, I went back to look again and saw the man walking into the picture.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 1, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    I really like the first, but I'm torn with whether the man on the far left should be cropped out. For me, it adds a third component to the composition that sort of detracts from the juxtaposition of the young boy facing us and the men facing away.
    15524779-Ti.gif completely. Less is definitely more in this one. Great shot.
  • Options
    Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    These are wonderful! I love the B&W conversion.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2010
    Thanks guys for looking and comments!thumb.gif

My Gallery