Changing 7D Factory Defaults Permanently

rrcolwellrrcolwell Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 31, 2010 in Cameras
I recently bought a 7D and I am fooling with all of the different buttons a lot, then when I can't remember what I changed I go to Clear all camera settings and start over. My question is regarding the default settings, there are some that I would like to permanently change (shooting w/o card, grid, etc). I have looked through the book but cannot find instructions on how to permanently change these defaults. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 31, 2010
    Your defaults should remain until you do a reset to factory settings. There is no means to reset to just a particular set, although I believe the Canon 7D does have "User Settings" memory (C-1, C-2 and C-3). You should write down the settings that you regard as critical so that you can return to them if you need to.

The Canon 1D/1Ds series allow you to save default settings onto a memory card. Organizations like Sports Illustrated use this capability to load "their" default settings onto all the submitting cameras.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • rrcolwellrrcolwell Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Your defaults should remain until you do a reset to factory settings. There is no means to reset to just a particular set, although I believe the Canon 7D does have "User Settings" memory (C-1, C-2 and C-3). You should write down the settings that you regard as critical so that you can return to them if you need to.

The Canon 1D/1Ds series allow you to save default settings onto a memory card. Organizations like Sports Illustrated use this capability to load "their" default settings onto all the submitting cameras.

Thanks-I do have C1-3 set but just curious about changing the defaults permanently. I think I have figured out that I cannot do it.