how to fix eyes

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited August 31, 2010 in People
I have someone who wants to fix the bags/ dark areas under her eyes. I made a few attempts in Lightroom.

Can someone point me to how to get started on this? What tools do I use? I have PS CS5

980804919_MA83g-L.jpg

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Here is a very quick fix. All I used was the clone tool, and a little white balance adjust. :D

Sam
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Here is a very quick fix. All I used was the clone tool, and a little white balance adjust. :D

Sam

thanks!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    In the recommended reading list is "Skin" by Lee Varis. Lots of good stuff in there.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    • Do any cloning/patching on a separate layer so you can adjust opacity.
    • Patch tool for large areas and/or specific larger areas of uneven skin - separate layer if necessary so you can adjust opacity down once it's done. I usually select an area just under the eyes (ie below the circles/bags) and then patch it upwards.
    • To lighten wrinkles - or just even up a specific area - the clone tool at low opacity in "lighten" mode works well. Use a light hand and put it on a separate layer so you can adjust afterwards.
    • I use a (free) skin action from coffeeshop actions called "Glamour Glow" which I like a lot - I tend to start out using it with a very low opacity brush (like 20% and less) and then adjust further as necessary (on the separate layer it creates during the action.). If I need more, I bump up the opacity on the brush and build it up gradually.
    HTH!