Eastern States - Waterfalls and Rivers

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited September 1, 2010 in Landscapes
Here are a few shots from my trip to the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mtns. I'd never been to Western NC nor to Great Smoky Mountains NP, so this was a real treat for me. My friend and I were able to practice our "silky water" shots, so I am anxious to get some C&C on mine.

Thanks!
Lauren

1. Small cascade on side of Hwy 276 in Pisgah National Forest, near Brevard NC.
988939733_FCtu5-L.jpg

2. Cascade in Middle Prong of the Little River, Great Smoky Mountains NP
988977268_VdQ94-L.jpg

3. Abstract - Little River
989526448_i7tfG-L.jpg

4. Fishing along the Little River near sundown
989569382_hNEAk-L.jpg

5. Cascade and boulders in Little River, near sundown
989851806_XxrwC-L.jpg

6. Up close to the riverbed - I liked the scattered leaves
989876097_H82iu-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Lauren- Really like that #3 Abstract. Of the others my favorite is #5 (of course it reminds me of Maine). I haven't been to the Smokies since I was a teenager. I would love to get back there to photograph the area, especially in the fall - I'm sure the changing colors are just gorgeous.

Stephanie
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Love them all. Flowing water and rocks really turn me on. I love GSMNP and the Blue Ridge Parkway. So many photo ops there. Looking forward to going myself in a couple of months.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thanks Stephanie and David! I did, indeed, find lots of photo ops on this journey. I will share more later, including some street shots from DC.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Thanks Stephanie and David! I did, indeed, find lots of photo ops on this journey. I will share more later, including some street shots from DC.

Lauren

Sounds like a great trip you had. These are lovely images. I haven't had a chance to do much in the landscape world for quite a while so i need to work on my skills / knowledge.

Heading to PEI on Sept. 22nd for a few days of R&R with hubby and pooch - and some beach and sand dune photography.

I'll have to do some waterfall scouting in case you make it across the border later in the fallmwink.gif

There are a couple of gorges about a 45 minute drive from the Calais / St. Stephen border crossing; and there are more around my home (1.5 hours from the border crossing). rolleyes1.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 1, 2010
    Good shots, Lauren. clap.gif Scenery like this really offers plenty to a photographer. I particularly like #2, 3 and 6. In #1, I'm a little distracted by the OOF rock in the foreground.

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    i'm a sucker for rocks (preferably mossy) and flowing water, and it looks like you've got the "silky" effect down pretty well. i'd love to visit that part of the country... so many streams to photograph, and the fall colors there are gorgeous!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Nice work. Of the series, I enjoy #5 the most for its lighting and comp.