Options

local market and train station with stories

banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited September 5, 2010 in Street and Documentary
hi this is my first attempt at street shooting
the fruit and veg stall guy kicked off at me after i took some great shots so being nice i showed him me deleting the pics.i think he was just having a bad day to be honest.
any C&C welcome thanks and enjoy.
i hope you enjoy my little stories with the pics as this is my very first attempt it took alot of courage but i sure did like it alot

i call this one old friends
the guy on the right noticed me and asked what i was doing so i politly said sir i saw a great moment between you and your friend i just wanted to capture the shot.he replied at least someone will remember my face smiled shook my hand then walked away whistling a rather nice tune.
dsc01340s.jpg

I call this one The jeweller.
ever since i was a little boy i have always remembered this gentleman selling watches and rings every weekend always smiling. As i have grown old so has he but the smile has never tired.
dsc01341lw.jpg

I dont know what to call this one.
this just seemed a nice shot changed to sepia it looks like he is really enjoying the book letting the world walk on by him.
dsc01342m.jpg

As above but in B/W
dsc01343z.jpg

Just some guy checking out the items
dsc01344x.jpg

I call this Fruit Basket as in the guy is lol
he went absolutly mental with me screaming and shouting WTF do you think you are doing blah blah i just looked at him said fair enough and showed him deleting the pictures. i tried to capture the money exchanging hands i had a really good one with the coins falling from one hand to another but i had to delete it.
dsc01345z.jpg

i call this one unknown.
unknown because i dont know and cant read his story is he looking at his phone with worry reading a msg. looking at a picture with memories. or simply looking at the time to see when the next train is arriving i will let you decide.
dsc01355ka.jpg

My towns train station with water fountains.
dsc01356xi.jpg

as above
dsc01358p.jpg

AS above
dsc01362d.jpg

closeup
dsc01363xr.jpg

Clocktower.
i really like this one alot BUT i am deeply regretting cutting the left hand side of the building out of frame
dsc01364q.jpg
Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    I like the first two-- the toning really pulls me out of the 3rd. #5 I like the kid looking at you. The building shots don't do anything for me, sorry. ne_nau.gif.

I do think you need to get closer, and in front of your subjects, the kettle told the pot. :D
  • Options
    banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    thank you for your comments :) i really appreciate you being honest i am glad you enjoyed
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)