Bottoms Up....The Drinks Are On Me

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
991326510_tjwnD-XL.jpg

991326634_5HYyj-XL.jpg

991326796_cWthb-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Fabulous!!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Love the Bright Beautiful Colors and the super sharp details

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Neat photos....colors are really good. Just wondering tho...whats the opening for in the Coke photo?
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    :D
    Looking good Tom.

Reminds me of the first time some German friends shared with me their mix
    of Coke and some dark beer at a summer food feast I was treated
    to attend in the area of Augsburg. Hadn't thought of that for a long time.
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Stella7d...

Thnks for looking in...I'm glad you liked them.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited September 2, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Some of these race cars get into really elaborate, decorative schemes. Usually it's a combination of paint and decals. At the start of the race they look like these cars.....all pristine and nice....at the end of the race they look like someone took a sand-blaster to them.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 2, 2010
    Hi Mary,

I'm not sure what that opening is for. I suspect that it's a quick-access port to an ajustable suspension part.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 2, 2010
    I'm feeling a little " uneducated " here, Michael. I swear to you, I've never seen, or even heard of, someone mixing Coke and beer. I think I'll stick to the batch of purple passion mixed up in the old tub. At least I know what that will do to me.

See you my friend,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    rolleyes1.gifWell, that was me till I was handed the concoction. Fixed up in a
    pitcher like size 1-liter “Maß” stein. From Wiki the drink was likely their Bavarian Goaßmaß.

Seems the Iron Chancellor himself was into a variation using dark beer and champagne.
    Have to tell ya, what I tried I liked. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Nice detail shots Tom,

The colors/tones just jump off that last picture thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited September 2, 2010
    Thanks, Randy. That last car had about as detailed a decorative scheme as I've seen lately.

Take care,

Tom
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Great set, Tom! What kind of race was it??? I always wondered what it cost to race a car for a season....Got and idea?? gary:D
    edited September 3, 2010
    Hey Gary,

Thanks for the nice comment. Some of my buddies over at Brumos Porsche, here in Jacksonville, can give me an idea of the cost of campaigning a car for a year. They, in fact, have been running two cars in the current series.....called Grand Am. They run in the Prototype Class. Another guy in that bunch, the noted driver Hurley Haywood, has played a major role in their program. I'll get an idea of their budget for you....probably a staggering number.

Take care,

Tom
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 3, 2010
    I'm feeling a little " uneducated " here, Michael. I swear to you, I've never seen, or even heard of, someone mixing Coke and beer. I think I'll stick to the batch of purple passion mixed up in the old tub. At least I know what that will do to me.

See you my friend,

Tom
    They do it in Spain, too. Seems like a waste of perfectly good beer to me ne_nau.gif.
    edited September 3, 2010
    I hear you, Richard. The world must be going crazy.

Take it easy,

Tom