Options

Photoshop Plugins......got me frustrated

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited September 2, 2010 in Finishing School
I have been trying to install a few plug ins into photoshop CS4 64bit.......the ones from Flaming Pear went in with out a hitch...as I am actually installing just like I did in PS7 and PSCS....make a folder in the plug in folde and place the plug in in the folder...restart photoshop and viola they are NOT in the filer drop down or under the automate drop down...flamin Pear and GF 6 plus a bunch called Photoshop freebies all installed without a prob.......

but I cannot get any of the frames or edges to install..........

surely I do not need to change the extension from .8BF to .8bf do I??????

this is just weird...I have over 5K of plug ins on my xp machine inside PS7 and they all installed the same way and they were all free plug ins to boot...................
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    eur0edeur0ed Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    There are a lot of issues with plugins in the 64 bit versions of CS4 and CS5...very few, if any at all will run without an update. Your best bet, if you need to have the plugins is to work out of the 32bit version of CS4, as they will probably work there.
  • Options
    racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Art, take note that with PS7, there was only one folder for plugins, while with CS4 64bit, there are two different folders for plugins, one under "program files (x86)"..... photoshop plugin folder, and another under plugin folder under "program files"...... in the photoshop plugin folder. If you are opening up photoshop 64bit, you will 1st, need a plugin that is 64bit compatible, then 2nd, installed in the 64 plugin folder in the "prgram files" folder. Very few of the plugins are actually 64bit compatible, so inorder to get the non compatible ones to work, you will need to instal them in the "programs files (x86) photoshop folder, and they will only run in the 32 bit photoshop (note you should have two shortcuts, one that runs photoshop 32bit, and another that runs 64bit). Most of the plugins that you used with PS7 will probably run in 32bit PS, but not in 64bit PS, because of them not being 64bit, but that is really not a problem because you can still load them in 32bit PS
    Todd - My Photos