Stillness on the way to motion

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 22, 2004 in Wildlife
I think some of the pictures I took while waiting for something to move, I think the still shots were very nice, some of them. This is one.

5385791-M.jpg

Stillness On The Way To Motion

5397537-L.jpg

On the way to the sea, from Breach Inlet, Sullivan's Island, SC
I have been passing this spot for 20 years, I have lived on one island, that one, and I also lived on the other one. I love island living. It is too expensive here now, for me. When I lived here, there was an older bridge across this inlet, and there was only one house at the point you see in this photograph.
I only live 5 to 10 minutes away now, and I pass it almost every Sunday on my way home from church. A hazy, hot, Sunday afternoon. I was alone, with special permission, on the top deck of a restaurant. I was waiting for action. Those pictures are posted elsewhere. This was with my dRebel, probably for sports, on automatic (action, remember). And post in ps, I isolated the houses and strengthened a bit what color was there, through the haze. I tried different ways and wanted it soft. So then I went to glaussein blur and soft light at what percentage I don't remember. Then I was through.
Seeing it posted here, I did that last night, this morning, I thought it would look better cropped in this other fashion. g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I think some of the pictures I took while waiting for something to move, I think the still shots were very nice, some of them. This is one.
    Very nice, almost tranquill.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    More Landscapes, area of Breach Inlet
    Green grasses in a summer marsh. Inland Waterway in the distance. Sullivan's Island historic bridge in the last picture (protected as a historical, but too damaged to last much longer). You all, someone might remember that bridge hanging askew after Hurricane Hugo, many weeks went by before we could cross it again and go "home" to pick up, rebuild, or be too damaged to stay. We were the latter. We live on the Mt Pleasant side of the bridge now, but our church is on the island side. I will always be a an island person.

5385798-L.jpg

5352725-L.jpg

5385794-L.jpg

5385790-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.