Buddy Is Growing Up

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited September 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Our new pup is now 3 months old. He's a challenge, but with lots of training hopefully he'll grow up to be a gentleman :D

As of today my garden is no longer around. He's eaten our beans and started on my tomatoes. Today it was my squash :cry Buddy doesn't know it yet, but next year a tall metal fence is going around my garden :D

1 -- My sister gets my bone...she always wins.

989852254_De5X3-M.jpg

2 -- My favorite toy.

989852034_Hf56c-M.jpg

3 -- Looking like a grownup and a gentleman.

989852293_5uZD8-M.jpg

4 -- Every time I fall asleep here I roll off.

992510642_xNCJd-M.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Howdy Mary,

:D He really is growing up fast and is going to be a

Great Looking Pup, really great series of images, and love that

last one, he looks like he's working on that special "Nap" techniquemwink.gif

Look forward to watching the Little Man Grow Up.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    It's great that your documenting his "childhood". I'm sure glad that 70-200 is in your arsenal thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

:D He really is growing up fast and is going to be a

Great Looking Pup, really great series of images, and love that

last one, he looks like he's working on that special "Nap" techniquemwink.gif

Look forward to watching the Little Man Grow Up.

Hi Craig...

Yep....he is working on that "Nap" technique -- Doesn't have it down as well as some I know rolleyes1.gif

Glad you liked the photos :D
    edited September 2, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    It's great that your documenting his "childhood". I'm sure glad that 70-200 is in your arsenal thumb.gif

Hi Randy --

I'd be lost without my 70-200 ... and with your help I have a good one :D

It's been fun documenting his growing up. Wish I had all my gear when my kids were growing up.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Oh how I want a puppy! Sorry to hear about your garden but it's hard to be mad at the little cutie :) Great pictures, looks like he has a playful personality.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    I really like #4. If the lead wasn't in it, it would be a grand slam. Then again it is kind of cute that he is resting on it. I am guessing that you are leaving the lead on all the time for training.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited September 3, 2010
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Oh how I want a puppy! Sorry to hear about your garden but it's hard to be mad at the little cutie :) Great pictures, looks like he has a playful personality.

He's a spitfire, but a cuddlier too. As soon as all those little brain cells start working he's going to be a wonderful dog :D
    edited September 3, 2010
    I really like #4. If the lead wasn't in it, it would be a grand slam. Then again it is kind of cute that he is resting on it. I am guessing that you are leaving the lead on all the time for training.

The lead...I really thought about removing it. I don't like it there either, but your right it's on him all the time for training. Before he leaves the pool (3 inches of water) he has to pick up his lead to walk himself out iloveyou.gif

I'll try removing it. The photo would look better without it. Thanks for mentioning it. Then I know others see it too :D
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Before he leaves the pool (3 inches of water) he has to pick up his lead to walk himself out iloveyou.gif

That is impressive. I am just happy when Chloe doesn't have an accident in the house, and she is 10 1/2. rolleyes1.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited September 3, 2010
    That is impressive. I am just happy when Chloe doesn't have an accident in the house, and she is 10 1/2. rolleyes1.gif

He takes care of his lead....now he has to learn when Mom says 'no' it doesn't mean do it again :D
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 3, 2010
    Riley had a brief bout with chewing stuff. He mostly works on trees now lol3.gif

Don't worry, around a year, this will stop. Maybe. Oh, and one clue is to keep your pup busy. learning stuff. Playing, going to the dog park (wait till he has all of his shots). Socializing and so forth. That goes a long way toward being a good dog.

We are going on our first organized hike tomorrow (we go twice a week now but not usually with other dogs). Wish us luck :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited September 3, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Riley had a brief bout with chewing stuff. He mostly works on trees now lol3.gif

Don't worry, around a year, this will stop. Maybe. Oh, and one clue is to keep your pup busy. learning stuff. Playing, going to the dog park (wait till he has all of his shots). Socializing and so forth. That goes a long way toward being a good dog.

We are going on our first organized hike tomorrow (we go twice a week now but not usually with other dogs). Wish us luck :D

I wish you luck on your hike -- takes lots of photos :D

He loves branches, but has left our Aspen alone. Helped we loaded poo around it. Good fertilizer and "puppy deterrent".

Buddy is our last golden we'll have and he's testing us that's for sure. We were blessed with 3 wonderful goldens that were so easy to train. Figures our last one would be the "challenge" :D

We'll keep him busy. He's starting puppy kindergarten obedience next week. Never went through the "training" thing before, but I think "we" need some training this time around rolleyes1.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 3, 2010
    Ha ha! It is mostly about training humans.

Riley is my second Labrador Retriever. I've had him since he was 8w old and he's been with me more often than note. In that sense, I am blessed that he's been so easy to train and hasn't been nearly the handful my first Lab was.

I'm not so sure about the pictures but I'll take a camera. The park we'll be going to is one of the many county parks open to dogs (Santa Clara County's position is that all parks are open to dogs on 6' leash so long as doesn't say "no dogs"--those are very few). I hope this is a good example for the other open space/park districts in the area as they are closed to dogs but offer some of the best hiking in the area.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited September 4, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Ha ha! It is mostly about training humans.

Riley is my second Labrador Retriever. I've had him since he was 8w old and he's been with me more often than note. In that sense, I am blessed that he's been so easy to train and hasn't been nearly the handful my first Lab was.

I'm not so sure about the pictures but I'll take a camera. The park we'll be going to is one of the many county parks open to dogs (Santa Clara County's position is that all parks are open to dogs on 6' leash so long as doesn't say "no dogs"--those are very few). I hope this is a good example for the other open space/park districts in the area as they are closed to dogs but offer some of the best hiking in the area.

When your first dog is a "handful" it makes the 2nd dog look like a saint rolleyes1.gif

Hope you have a wonderful hike with you "best friend" :D
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Hi Mary K. Nothing like a puppy. Tons of energy and into everything..Incl. gardens:D Great set of pictures....#4 is my favorite.....
    edited September 4, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Mary K. Nothing like a puppy. Tons of energy and into everything..Incl. gardens:D Great set of pictures....#4 is my favorite.....

Hi --

Your so right...tons of energy. We definitely aren't on the same "energy level" rolleyes1.gif

#4 is my favorite too. Thanks for looking and commenting :D
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Puppies are a challenge. We acquired Hoover two years ago. He was SUPPOSED to be a miniature Australian Shepherd. His mother is a 'toy', his father is a 'miniature'. Hoover is the largest of the litter and currently weighs 50 pounds - some miniature! ne_nau.gif

I got him for a companion (and he's great!) and, because his breed is supposed to be high energy, I thought he'd force me to walk more, longer and faster. Wrong. It takes forever to get anywhere as we amble along checking every single blade of grass rolleyes1.gif

They are excellent family members, though. Enjoy.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
    edited September 6, 2010
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Puppies are a challenge. We acquired Hoover two years ago. He was SUPPOSED to be a miniature Australian Shepherd. His mother is a 'toy', his father is a 'miniature'. Hoover is the largest of the litter and currently weighs 50 pounds - some miniature! ne_nau.gif

I got him for a companion (and he's great!) and, because his breed is supposed to be high energy, I thought he'd force me to walk more, longer and faster. Wrong. It takes forever to get anywhere as we amble along checking every single blade of grass rolleyes1.gif

They are excellent family members, though. Enjoy.

I have to chuckle at the "checking every blade of grass" Buddy has to chase anything that moves. Now that some leaves have fallen he's chasing those on our walk. I never know which way I'm going. Thank goodness he's not chasing birds yet...I"d be in a world of hurt then rolleyes1.gif

It will be interesting to see how big Buddy gets. His parents where shorter then our Ty, but Buddy has such big ears, feet, long whiskers and legs to grow into...he's so out of proportion right now :D
  • Spinner of TalesSpinner of Tales Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    #3 photo is my favorite...awww heck I like them all!
    It's darn near impossible to take a bad photo of a puppy, the little ankle nippers all worm their way into your heart.
    Good looking goldens.

Spinner
    edited September 6, 2010
    #3 photo is my favorite...awww heck I like them all!
    It's darn near impossible to take a bad photo of a puppy, the little ankle nippers all worm their way into your heart.
    Good looking goldens.

Spinner

Hi Spinner --

Your so right....those ankle nippers and finger chewers do worm their way into our hearts :D

Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I too like #3 -- he will be a gentleman when he grows up just like his Daddy.
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    dogs rule x3
    edited September 6, 2010
    misterb wrote: »
    dogs rule x3

Yep dogs do thumb.gif