A few from Yellowstone

Secluded ValleySecluded Valley Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited September 8, 2010 in Landscapes
Last month I spent a weekend at Old Faithful taking a couple of free workshops. I got to "test drive" a couple of cameras and some lenses. Here are a few photos from that weekend. C&C always welcome.

1. Fun with a 15mm fisheye and a bacteria mat on Geyser Hill.
975253975_g8Bx5-L.jpg

2. This is a small spring behind Old Faithful Geyser. I was curious was a long exposure would do to a boiling hot spring.
991603774_eHHCY-L.jpg

3. One of my favorite places to sit in the evening with a cup of coffee listening to my friend play the piano, the lobby of the Old Faithful Inn.
968950747_FFbpZ-L.jpg

4. View from Geyser Hill looking back at the Old Faithful Inn.
992630557_ATcVb-L.jpg

Kristine
"How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" ~John Muir

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Some interesting perspectives. #1 is really cool with that fisheye point of view.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Like the fisheye perspective on the first shot, the second shot to me is really interesting, it's very hard to get a sense of scale of the subject, it could be small (hot spring) or gigantic (aerial view of some weird moonscape coast), very cool!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    What a great opportunity! I love the cool perspective of fisheye and ultra-wide lenses. Just be careful not to stick it in the bacteria mat as you get closer lol3.gif
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    These are very nice. I love the different perspective from the fisheye. 1 and 2 looks like a scene from another planet... def my faves. Very cool. Never used one myself, but since I already purchased two big lenses this year, I seriously need not be tempted in getting another! Thanks a bunch! lol3.gif
  • Secluded ValleySecluded Valley Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    What a great opportunity! I love the cool perspective of fisheye and ultra-wide lenses. Just be careful not to stick it in the bacteria mat as you get closer lol3.gif
    Haha! lol3.gif I was really careful with that fisheye and the 5D MKII it was attached too! Where I was, I could feel the heat coming off the water...why would anyone want to stick their hand in it. eek7.gif

Ron - That spring is only 2 by 2 1/2 feet. I'd like to be able to try that shot again from a different perspective and/or an erupting geyser.

Kristine
    "How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" ~John Muir
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Fun shots! I'm going to have a take a fisheye with to Yellowstone next time...really interesting perspective.
  • IronCircusIronCircus Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2010
    Love the first one with the fisheye lens. Its funny that it was shot with a fisheye and the picture actually looks like a macro shot of somebodys eye.