Options

keyworded Images not sorting...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited September 3, 2010 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I keyword all my photos after they are uploaded. I have a number of images keyworded by event. The images are part of 5 to 6 different galleries.

Here's an example. A new keyword I created and used is lebedablog. Click on that and you will see 93 photos using that keyword. As you can see the images are strangely sorted. At first the photos look to be in reverse but as you scan through you realize that the photos are sort of jumbled out order in certain parts....

Um...why? Is there a way to fix this so it sorts in file name order (in my case numerical order). I keyword these images and then display the keyworded images on my blog (using Showit Sites). Showit simply pulls the images in by keyword. But as mentioned, they are a bit out of order.

Any idea how to fix this??? I need the photos to be in file name ascending order?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Hello,

I keyword all my photos after they are uploaded. I have a number of images keyworded by event. The images are part of 5 to 6 different galleries.

Here's an example. A new keyword I created and used is lebedablog. Click on that and you will see 93 photos using that keyword. As you can see the images are strangely sorted. At first the photos look to be in reverse but as you scan through you realize that the photos are sort of jumbled out order in certain parts....

Um...why? Is there a way to fix this so it sorts in file name order (in my case numerical order). I keyword these images and then display the keyworded images on my blog (using Showit Sites). Showit simply pulls the images in by keyword. But as mentioned, they are a bit out of order.

Any idea how to fix this??? I need the photos to be in file name ascending order?

Thanks in advance.
    I believe they are sorted by the date the keyword is added/indexed.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    I believe they are sorted by the date the keyword is added/indexed.

Ohhhh... that's not good. Hmmm. So I'm gathering there's no way to override that?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Ohhhh... that's not good. Hmmm. So I'm gathering there's no way to override that?
    This is the behavior I've been seeing. maybe add KW's one at a time in your order? :D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog