WTB: Canon EOS 5D MkII or 7D body

Dan WebberDan Webber Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited September 7, 2010 in House of Canon
Looking to get one for wildlife photography. On a side not from experiance which one would be best for shoting wildlife? Thanks

Also budget is £700/$1,080

Comments

• handlebarhandlebar Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    First of all welcome to dgrin, I normally just lurk but seeing as no one has written back to you I figured I would start. With your budget I'd say the only camera close to your range is the 7d and with shooting wildlife having the 1.6 crop factor may be useful. However I just read about the canon loyalty program and that maybe helpful to you. It would put the 7d less than $100 out of your budget. Here is the link to the original thread (hope it works never linked here) http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=101755 I hope this helps, I'm selling off some items around the house to get me closer to a 7d. Best of Luck to you!
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    The crop sensor 7D would be better as you get more reach and the AF system is better than the 5Dm2. With a broken Canon camera and the Canon loyalty program, you get 20% of the list price for a refurb from Canon. Final price for the 7D would be $1120 + tax. Or, hit the 50D for a loyalty price of $720. That's hard to beat. Just find a broken Canon P&S on ebay.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Dan WebberDan Webber Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2010
    Just looked at the thread and it sounds like an amazing deal, does the deal run only in the US?