2010 Plainville CT Balloon Festival

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited September 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Back from Plainville Connecticut with more hot-air balloon shots:photo. Though my wife and I were only able to attend the Saturday PM events, it was a great evening launch, and an unofficial moonglow in the evening as two tethered balloons lit up the sky like Chinese lanterns:clap. I also added a few daytime shots to show the vivid colors of these balloons.

(As for the noise in the moonglow shots, that was my fault. I decided to skip the tripod just this time as an experiment. These moonglows were shot with my Nikon D80 at ISO-400 f8 1/30 sec. At least the VR lens eliminated blur, but I won't do that again!:nono) So, without further ado...

1. "Above Earth's Plane" Moonglow just after sunset.
991299814_PXKct-XL.jpg

2. "Party Time" moonglow on the ground
991309961_Wf5z8-XL.jpg

3. "Party Time", moonglow in the air, shot earlier when the sky still had color.
991300394_VxYUM-XL.jpg

And now for the ones I shot at ISO-100 and my trusty circular polarizer...

4. "Cead Mile Failte" (unable to type accent marks), is the name of the balloon breaking off from the others. That's Gaelic for "One hundred thousand greetings (or welcomes)"
991301574_PAtDL-XL.jpg

5. "Wit's End" in front, chasing "Ridge Runner"

991300808_xZ5Tg-XL.jpg

6. "Bigger Green", with its bold and vivid rainbow design (my favorite in the show)
991304056_vTq9J-XL.jpg

Hope you liked them. If you'd like to see more Plainville Balloon Festival photos, the gallery link is:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Hot-Air-Balloons/Plainville-CT-Balloon-Festival/13591455_QrGjr#991307752_kHw83

Thanks for looking!

Comments