Two From Oregon

Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited September 6, 2010 in Landscapes
I haven't posted or visited here for a while. I do have 4000+ photos to go through from my recent family vacation to the US so hopefully I will be able to post and visit a little more regularly in the near future. This first image is on the way between Crater Lake and Umpqua State Forest. If anyone recognises the mountain, I'd love to know.

ww1_oregon_flowers.jpg

This one was in the state forest we were headed to. Once again, I don't remember which falls we were at.

ww1_oregon_moss.jpg
Karl Lindsay
Nikon D600
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Induro CT-014 Tripod
karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    Gorgeous color here, Karl! What do you do your PP with? I like the comp in #1, with the competing diagonals--very attractive, IMO.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    WOW Karl, welcome back and these are lovely! 4k photos sounds like a lot but I think it's safe to say Dgrin's ready and waiting for more. :D
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    Nice pics. Small detail -- the Umpqua is actually a National Forest (managed by the U.S. Gov't) -- not a state forest. More than half the land in Oregon is federal. I know it seems like a small detail but there's a major difference between state forests and national forests in this state. :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Gorgeous color here, Karl! What do you do your PP with? I like the comp in #1, with the competing diagonals--very attractive, IMO.

Cheers,
    Lauren

Thanks Lauren! I import my photos into Aperture on my Mac so most of the touch-up work is down in Aperture. I also use the Aperture plug-in from Photomatix for my HDR work. And I occasionally go into Photoshop for the really special photos :D

Aperture 3 is a much better editor than it used to be.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    edited September 5, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    WOW Karl, welcome back and these are lovely! 4k photos sounds like a lot but I think it's safe to say Dgrin's ready and waiting for more. :D

Thanks Schmoo! Don't worry, there will be more.. just have to work out when :(
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    edited September 5, 2010
    dogwood wrote: »
    Nice pics. Small detail -- the Umpqua is actually a National Forest (managed by the U.S. Gov't) -- not a state forest. More than half the land in Oregon is federal. I know it seems like a small detail but there's a major difference between state forests and national forests in this state. :D

Pete, thanks for setting me straight :D I absolutely loved Oregon. It's interesting that you have over half the state reserved as federal land, yet only the one national park.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    Karl - I use Aperture 3.0 also, but I surely don't achieve that kind of color! Maybe it's the places I shoot. rolleyes1.gif Lovely work you have, and I am with Schmoo--let's see some more.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    Very nice. Love the colors, the lighting, the works. Keep it coming.
    edited September 6, 2010
    dls wrote: »
    Very nice. Love the colors, the lighting, the works. Keep it coming.

Thanks Dan! Plenty more to come! :D
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Induro CT-014 Tripod