Options

Logging in through AOL

sfd4sfd4 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 7, 2010 in Bug Reporting
For the last few weeks I cannot login to my Smugmug from AOL. When the login screen comes up and I enter my screen name and password the login buttons and the Forgot PAssword button are not there. Even if I hit the enter button it doesn't work. I have totally gone through my Vista program as well as speaking to AOL. DOes anyone have an idea?:dunno

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Are you using AOL's browser? We do not and have not ever officially supported that. If you use IE, or Firefox, you'll be fine. Please write our Support Heroes and let us help you from the desk - yes, even today, Labor Day! :D
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2010
    I have been using Sugmug with AOl for over a year with no problems. I have tried uninstalling aol, and reinstalling. I sent help several mesages but no answer in two weeks
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    sfd4 wrote: »
    I have been using Sugmug with AOl for over a year with no problems. I have tried uninstalling aol, and reinstalling. I sent help several mesages but no answer in two weeks

Hi, we have answered many emails from you over the past months - I can see the records. Please check your spam folder for replies from help@smugmug.com

We're also answering your question you just sent us. Again, please make sure you whitelist help@smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2010
    Andy this just started happening
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 7, 2010
    You can use AOL as your ISP. But the AOL provided web browser has built in "security" and "privacy" features that mess with sites like SmugMug. As Andy said we have never supported the AOL custom browser for this reason. Login to AOL as you would normally and then switch to a browser like Firefox or IE that is not AOL branded. Try your site in it, it should work. AOL probably updated a security profile that is now conflicting with part of the site.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com