Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #59 (signals)

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited September 20, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #59

Welcome to Round #59 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member that is not eligible to compete in Mega Challenge #9.
It will run from Monday,September 6, 8:00am PST time (GMT -7) on through Monday, September 20, 8:00am PST time (GMT -7).

The topic ready for your interpretation: signals
There are no editing restrictions for this round.

This is your chance. Show us your creativity while all the last quarter previous winners are battling it out in Mega #9

Your Judges:
kidzmom (Winner of Round 57)
Guest Judge: 23 hour (Public Vote)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some slight modifications

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    I am getting some signals on the lack of replies on this theme.

ne_nau.gif

I am wrestling with it for sure. Getting the signal to come through in a still frame.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    Somehow I lost the exif info.. maybe PS6? Will this image still be eligible, as the exif is available in the prior submission of signage.

1004161905_zggEb-200x200.jpg
  • Options
    misterb wrote: »
    Somehow I lost the exif info.. maybe PS6? Will this image still be eligible, as the exif is available in the prior submission of signage.

If you link to the original image as your EXIF info then that will be acceptable. I am considering cracking down and not even allowing links if the EXIF is not embedded.

As you have it now, No it is not acceptable. Sorry.
  • Options
    sherstone wrote: »
    If you link to the original image as your EXIF info then that will be acceptable.

http://mrb375.smugmug.com/Other/HDR-Photos/P911005653tonemapped/1003449857_Sxidh-XL.jpg
  • Options

If that is the "original" image then okay. but you will need to put that link into your entry caption.

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1363209&postcount=609

will help if your unsure how.
  • Options
    The links were added to the comments.. I tried the code, but it just came up as the work "EXIF" and nothing else.

If this is becoming too cumbersome, then just delete them- this is starting to become a headache. :confused:
  • Options
    The links were added to the comments.. I tried the code, but it just came up as the work "EXIF" and nothing else.

If this is becoming too cumbersome, then just delete them- this is starting to become a headache. :confused:

Sigh.... I fixed your entry :D

If your curious how then click on the EDIT in the caption to see the code.
  • Options
    HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    Entry submitted, my first. I hope I did everything correctly. Apologies in advance if I goofed.
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2010
    Helvegr wrote: »
    Entry submitted, my first. I hope I did everything correctly. Apologies in advance if I goofed.

Looks good to me! Welcome to DSS! :D
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2010
    Finally got another entry to a challenge posted to this one... thumb.gif

Good luck , all.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2010
    The STOP light is on!
    Entries are now closed for signals DSS #59

Only one DQ this time around.
    shawnp204 - Pink Heals Tour for Breast Cancer Awareness --- For Frames being used

One disturbing trend I have seen this time around is entries that have multiple layers without a link to the EXIF info for each image. I am letting it slide this time around. deal.gif

The 23 hour public vote will be up shortly.