996040712_xXWD8-L.jpg

996038436_hxnGT-L.jpg

And during the fountain show:

996038641_iUgzr-L.jpg

996039264_CCt5r-L.jpg

Comments

• WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Beautiful shots of one of my own favorite subjects (I'll be there myself in just 23 more days).

I particularly like #4. I've never gotten a shot with the fine mist part of the fountain spraying; I've only gotten shots like #1-#3, with the heavier nozzles going. You've given me another one to shoot for when I get there this year.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Beautiful shots of one of my own favorite subjects (I'll be there myself in just 23 more days).

I particularly like #4. I've never gotten a shot with the fine mist part of the fountain spraying; I've only gotten shots like #1-#3, with the heavier nozzles going. You've given me another one to shoot for when I get there this year.

I had my camera setup on a tripod with the shutter release cable and was frequently snapping pictures while the fountain show was going. I just got lucky to get a couple when those other jets were going off. The exposure time was mostly 3 seconds, sometimes 2 to get the misty look of the water. Thank you for the nice comments.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    I bet a lot of people stopped you while you were set up, thinking that you were one of Disney's PhotoPass photographers! I've lost count of the number of times people have mistaken me for a Disney Cast Member, usually because of the big camera and the utility belt I wear with a water bottle and poncho.

I can tell pretty much where you were set up, but what were the other exposure settings you used (aperture, WB, ISO, focal length)?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"