Fantasy and a bit of magic

HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited September 7, 2010 in People
Well, the magic part happened in the digital darkroom mostly. Smoke, flames, bit of glint in the eyes and some of the orange glow added in post production.

997081732_Limq2-L.jpg

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Nice idea and very good execution!thumb.gif If I were to make some suggestions, they would be to move the subject into the left third (crop a little in and up on the left - I also find the light on her chest unattractive), to increase contrast for more depth in the shadows especially in the bg, to increase saturation of the flames, and to make the glow of the eyes the most luminous element of the image.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    NeilL wrote: »
    Nice idea and very good execution!thumb.gif If I were to make some suggestions, they would be to move the subject into the left third (crop a little in and up on the left - I also find the light on her chest unattractive), to increase contrast for more depth in the shadows especially in the bg, to increase saturation of the flames, and to make the glow of the eyes the most luminous element of the image.

Neil

Cheers mate,
    critique is always welcome and it's something I don't get too often.

I could have positioned her differently. As it is I just left here in the frame as she was. Although I quite like the fact that she's exactly between the cool smoke and the hot flames. There was also some oil used in the make up process which makes her chest gleam like it does. It's supposed to look bit sweaty but I can get how it might look unattractive.

I think this piece is done as it is but if I happen to punch in the contrast later on I'll update it here.

She makes a nice background image btw. rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 7, 2010
    Yes, I didn't mean to seem to be dissing it! My taste prompts me to want something just a little different to how it is. I do find the reflection on her chest to be a fault, but on second looks I see how much there is to like in this image. The quality of colour, and the tonework, are superb. You have put a lot of drama in it and your methods are very polished. I think it doesn't quite come up to full potential in drama, however. One reason, I think, is that the composition is too static, too balanced, to use your metaphor. Drama can be intellectual, but this image is emotional, don't you think? And emotions are unbalanced and exaggerated. They have deep shadows, and they make eyes burn more than flame itself.

Neil

• HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    NeilL wrote: »
    Yes, I didn't mean to seem to be dissing it! My taste prompts me to want something just a little different to how it is. I do find the reflection on her chest to be a fault, but on second looks I see how much there is to like in this image. The quality of colour, and the tonework, are superb. You have put a lot of drama in it and your methods are very polished. I think it doesn't quite come up to full potential in drama, however. One reason, I think, is that the composition is too static, too balanced, to use your metaphor. Drama can be intellectual, but this image is emotional, don't you think? And emotions are unbalanced and exaggerated. They have deep shadows, and they make eyes burn more than flame itself.

Neil

Nay, I didn't take it as dissing. I'm all too aware how different my own opinions are when critiquing other peoples work myself. I take it as a compliment if someone bothers to critique me! thumb.gif

There will be some more photos from the same shoot later on. I cannot promise any dates how ever, but hopefully your need for drame will satisfied. :rambo
    edited September 7, 2010
    Hurme wrote: »
    Nay, I didn't take it as dissing. I'm all too aware how different my own opinions are when critiquing other peoples work myself. I take it as a compliment if someone bothers to critique me! thumb.gif

There will be some more photos from the same shoot later on. I cannot promise any dates how ever, but hopefully your need for drame will satisfied. :rambo

:lynnsite

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    First off, let me say that this is fantastic work but the composition does bother me a bit as I like Neil's suggestion.
    Will be waiting eagerly to see more of your work :)
    Yo soy Reynaldo