Options

sold: sony t-series laptop, 1gb ram, many extras, like new!

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 1, 2005 in Flea Market
up for sale is a five-month old sony T260P, a true gem of a laptop. i bought this machine new from sonystyle, sony's internet store, on march 31, 2005.

it's ultra-portable, yet easy to type on. you can actually open it in a coach airplane seat :D it's small, yet fast - i routinely process 1Ds Mark II files in the field in photoshop ps cs2. the screen is really good, excellent image rendering. awesome for watching dvds, too!

software? microsoft windows xp pro, service pack 2 installed. norton anti-virius (paid for two years!). buncha other stuff.

here's a real-life photo of the machine:

26554901-L.jpg

here are the actual tech specs:

34137375-L.jpg

some marketing info from sony:

34137359-L.jpg

and now, for the extras! included with this purchase are the following:
  • extra power supply, leave one at home and one in your bag - retail $90
  • a port replicator, to keep it docked in at home or the office - retail $200
  • a two year, onsite service and accidental damage policy - retail $200

you can see the port replicator in my first pic, the laptop is docked on it. it has ports for external monitor, power supply, network cable, usb, keyboard and mouse. the power supply is a genuine sony model. the onsite service and accidental damage policy is genuine sony, purchased with the machine when i bought it new - it's fully transferrable to a new owner.

now, as to pricing: to purchase this new, well you can't, as sony now sells the T360p,which is essentially the same model. it goes for $2250. so, if you add up all the extras, the retail price for a brand-spanking new model with all the extras is $2740.

my price, including shippinig in the continental u.s., $2055.

here's your chance to get a fantastic machine, in mint condition (it's like it just came out of the box!) and a whole bunch of extras, at 25% less than the cost of the machine today! i want to point out that there are no material differences in processor, ram, hard disk, dvd rom/cd rw, wireless, keyboard, mouse, screen on my model of this machine vs. a machine purchased new today.

payment terms: your personal check, bank check, usps money order or cash are welcome. i will ship once funds clear. international buyers are welcome - you'll pay actual shipping (insured usps) to your door.

sorry, i'm not breaking the system down - it comes as a complete set. reason for selling: i needed this due to some windows-only software that i was required to run. i no longer need that software, so i'll be going back to an apple powerbook.

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    thumb.gif This is one amazing system (if you use it, you'll know why Apple hired Vaio designers to work on their next line of Intel PowerBooks), and if I didn't have other needs right now that my days as a road warrior are over, I'd be all over this.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2005
    thanks marlof :D
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2005
    Wow, There's some good stuff coming up here at the moment, this is the third time this week my hand has hovered between my credit card and the keyboard. This is an excellent bit of kit and I'd love it :cry

I must show more restraint. I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint......

andy I'm tempted, the p2000 could go, I need a laptop, I'm really tempted:help
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Wow, There's some good stuff coming up here at the moment, this is the third time this week my hand has hovered between my credit card and the keyboard. This is an excellent bit of kit and I'd love it :cry

I must show more restraint. I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint.I must show more restraint......

seeing as you are holding one of my canon flash units hostage at the moment, let's talk :D
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2005
    lost to temptation
    gubbs wrote:

sold, to gubbsie :D

you can use it in the nursery as your rocking your new baby to sleep at 3am, and you can keep up with dgrin lol3.gif