Stained Glass

concord977concord977 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited September 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I know these aren't extremely creative, but they're saturated & sharp! Taken this afternoon.
997730722_3B82j-XL.jpg

997731137_d9ZSz-XL.jpg

997731410_KaENp-XL.jpg

997731848_tozki-XL.jpg

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Hi Curt,
    I really like 1 & 2, they give a good feeling of how the light is reflecting off the inside of the cathedral - #1 is a particular favorite! I like looking down that hallway to the right and the many arches. I'd maybe have included a little more on the right and cropped a little on the left as the other stained glass in the bg on the very far left is a little distracting

Are these all exposure fusion? If so, I like the ballance of natural (stained glass) light to artificial light, the shadows are a little less than realistic, but I like it!
    Very creative every time is a neat trick. I personally would like to have that
    problem. But alas, it is not to be. The elusive pursuit continues. mwink.gif

Saturated & sharp alone, a bonus where applicable in carrying the day
    :D:D:D
    Michael
  • concord977concord977 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    red_zone wrote: »
    Hi Curt,
    I really like 1 & 2, they give a good feeling of how the light is reflecting off the inside of the cathedral - #1 is a particular favorite! I like looking down that hallway to the right and the many arches. I'd maybe have included a little more on the right and cropped a little on the left as the other stained glass in the bg on the very far left is a little distracting

Are these all exposure fusion? If so, I like the ballance of natural (stained glass) light to artificial light, the shadows are a little less than realistic, but I like it!

Jake,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Shots 2,3 and 4 are fused exposures. Each one consists of 3 shots, -2/3, 0.0 and +2/3. I realize that it can lead to an overexposed look and decrease of shadows. I tend to like that, but several people have pointed to it as a problem - so it's something I will have to continue to examine.

Shot 1 was taken 'as is.' You're absolutely right about shifting the image to the right and cropping out the distraction to the left. I may have to go back tomorrow and re-shoot that one. :)

CL
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Personally I wouldn't change a thing with your post-processing, it's pretty spot-on as far as I'm concerned! I kind of envy you in your ability to go re-shoot the cathedral at any time!