1st shoot in my studio..suggestions please

BreNixonBreNixon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited September 7, 2010 in People
Love having a beautiful model! I'm pretty sure I want to do strictly portraits. Any C&C would be great. Thanks yall.

r85j79.jpg

95yhop.jpg

1z554qb.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    I like all the compositions and your model is lovely indeed.
    On #1 I'd like to see the lighting balanced out to eliminate shadows and perhaps a little less contrast. The blacks have no detail.
    #2 and 3 I'd like to see the skin tones toned down a bit, she appears to be orange, especially on #2
    Nice work!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • BreNixonBreNixon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I like all the compositions and your model is lovely indeed.
    On #1 I'd like to see the lighting balanced out to eliminate shadows and perhaps a little less contrast. The blacks have no detail.
    #2 and 3 I'd like to see the skin tones toned down a bit, she appears to be orange, especially on #2
    Nice work!

Thanks, I agree....I actually did tone it down a little and airbrushed it a little as well. She is just really really tan, and the lighting made it appear a little orange. I figured too much editing would look over processed. Thanks for the tips though. I'm still learning about lighting and shadows! =]
    edited September 7, 2010
    BreNixon wrote: »
    Thanks, I agree....I actually did tone it down a little and airbrushed it a little as well. She is just really really tan, and the lighting made it appear a little orange. I figured too much editing would look over processed. Thanks for the tips though. I'm still learning about lighting and shadows! =]

I was wondering if she was super tanned.
    I'm new to strobe work as well and I recently photographed a young lady whose makeup was an off color to the rest of her skin. Quite the challenge to make look decent.
    I'll post some of mine for C&C in another thread.
    What type of lighting are you using?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • BreNixonBreNixon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I was wondering if she was super tanned.
    I'm new to strobe work as well and I recently photographed a young lady whose makeup was an off color to the rest of her skin. Quite the challenge to make look decent.
    I'll post some of mine for C&C in another thread.
    What type of lighting are you using?

Sorry, I'm a newbie. What is strobe work? I use the 3 studio lighting with umbrellas, and fill flash.
    edited September 7, 2010
    BreNixon wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm a newbie. What is strobe work? I use the 3 studio lighting with umbrellas, and fill flash.

There are two ways that people like to shoot studio work, either with continuous lighting or with strobe (flash) units or both in some cases.

In the case of strobes the units are triggered either by wireless transmitter or infrared via your camera.

Continuous lighting lights are always on :-)
    Yo soy Reynaldo