Something new...

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in People
... for both me and the parents :) I shot these this morning, when the little girl was about 3 hours old. I tried something different as far as shooting and processing (conversion only) on this little girl. I guess it is sort of a documentary-like style? maybe? Does it work in this case?

Canon 5d2 @ 3200ISO with Canon 50/1.4, no flash

998784932_3pssK-L-1.jpg

998775716_rLWa8-L-1.jpg

998775715_NKfCL-L-1.jpg

998775694_BVtsV-L-1.jpg

:ear

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Nice rememberences. Good b&w.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    I like these, very nicely done
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Sweet series.

I'm not as thrilled with the conversion on 1 and 3 and I am on 2 and 4. Something about 1 and 3 look flatter? uneven? I don't know. 4 is noisy but it sort of works.

Did you have fun? I love shooting birth and post-birth stuff. So exciting ;)

Thanks for sharing. I feel like I could have been there...
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    So wonderful Ivar! LOVE the feel of these..timeless, unique, heartwarming. GREAT stuff. BTW 2 and 4 would fit right in with my theme for this round ;) I would definately say perfect captures here. What a special time. btw, nice watermark. Is that new?
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Nicely done, Ivar. Those photos will be cherished for forever.
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Very nice! I love the last two!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Nice rememberences. Good b&w.
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I like these, very nicely done
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Nicely done, Ivar. Those photos will be cherished for forever.
    aktse wrote: »
    Very nice! I love the last two!
    Thanks guys! :curtsey
    indiegirl wrote: »
    Sweet series.

I'm not as thrilled with the conversion on 1 and 3 and I am on 2 and 4. Something about 1 and 3 look flatter? uneven? I don't know. 4 is noisy but it sort of works.

Did you have fun? I love shooting birth and post-birth stuff. So exciting ;)

Thanks for sharing. I feel like I could have been there...
    I did have fun, thanks! I don't think I've ever such a young person before.

Re the conversions; I think I see what you are saying. I'll see if I can do some more processing on those.

Re noise; They are all a bit noisy (3200ISO) unfortunately, but in general I have to say that I start caring less and less about noise. I hardly ever use noisereduction anymore (except for the default '25' setting). I haven't used any on these, but I'll give it a try and see if it makes it look better thumb.gif
    kidzmom wrote: »
    So wonderful Ivar! LOVE the feel of these..timeless, unique, heartwarming. GREAT stuff. BTW 2 and 4 would fit right in with my theme for this round ;) I would definately say perfect captures here. What a special time. btw, nice watermark. Is that new?
    Thank you very much iloveyou.gif

The watermark is relatively new, I guess (few months?) I've created that logo a little while ago, and have slowly started using it on my website, business cards and as a watermark :D
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 12, 2010
    Very good photos. Like the sharpness and the B&W conversion!
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    Re noise; They are all a bit noisy (3200ISO) unfortunately, but in general I have to say that I start caring less and less about noise. I hardly ever use noisereduction anymore (except for the default '25' setting). I haven't used any on these, but I'll give it a try and see if it makes it look better thumb.gif

:nono Don't touch that noise slider! The noise is not hurting these at all. I think it adds to them.

Then again, TMAX3200 was always my 2nd favorite film.