Options

Irina & Marius

Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited October 16, 2010 in Weddings
b_f_4c77f876528f7.jpg

New wedding series: http://meninenuotrauka.lt/en/wedding/2010/irina_marius/
I look forward to your comments. Thanks, friends!

Comments

• Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    No way, I can't believe you post here!!! I love your work, I have done for many years since you posted a bit on photo.net and then didn't see anything else from you (although I keep an eye on your website and often show it to people who are looking for ideas of how to shoot a wedding).

OK, so I'm a bit like a teenager at the moment seeing a pop start that they love but seriously I love your wonderful clean looking photos, great use of natural light etc etc, they really do inspire me. Sure, I can't get anywhere like the results you do, but they give me something to aim for.

If I remember correctly you shoot mainly primes, is that still the case? What bodies (Nikon it was) and lenses are your choice now?

Sorry for the questions but seriously it's great to find where you hang out :)

Getting on to this gallery, the image processing is lovely and clean as expected and you've done a great job of capturing the day. I like the natural shots better than the posed if I'm honest as the posed of the couple are a bit rigid.

OK, I will shut up now, but really glad you post here and glad I joined recently :D

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    No way, I can't believe you post here!!! I love your work, I have done for many years since you posted a bit on photo.net and then didn't see anything else from you (although I keep an eye on your website and often show it to people who are looking for ideas of how to shoot a wedding).

OK, so I'm a bit like a teenager at the moment seeing a pop start that they love but seriously I love your wonderful clean looking photos, great use of natural light etc etc, they really do inspire me. Sure, I can't get anywhere like the results you do, but they give me something to aim for.

If I remember correctly you shoot mainly primes, is that still the case? What bodies (Nikon it was) and lenses are your choice now?

Sorry for the questions but seriously it's great to find where you hang out :)

Getting on to this gallery, the image processing is lovely and clean as expected and you've done a great job of capturing the day. I like the natural shots better than the posed if I'm honest as the posed of the couple are a bit rigid.

OK, I will shut up now, but really glad you post here and glad I joined recently :D

Aleksandras is one of our greatest treasures here at dgrin! If you look at his profile and look through his past posts/treads you will find the answers to most of your questions. He doesn't post a lot here, but keeps us well updated on recent photo sets. There aren't too many people here who don't get all giddy like yourself when they see his work... inspiration isn't even the word. Welcome BTW!

Aleksandras, thanks again friend. Another stunning set!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Aleksandras is one of our greatest treasures here at dgrin! If you look at his profile and look through his past posts/treads you will find the answers to most of your questions. He doesn't post a lot here, but keeps us well updated on recent photo sets. There aren't too many people here who don't get all giddy like yourself when they see his work... inspiration isn't even the word. Welcome BTW!

Aleksandras, thanks again friend. Another stunning set!!

Matt

I agree, and as I said I was just so shocked/excited/stoked to find him posting on a board I was on after many years of initially seeing his work and wishing one day to be 1/4 as good. I'm still not there yet but pleased to find him posting still.

Thanks for the welcome, I've got a wedding of my own on Mon (pre wedding shoot tomorrow), don't expect wonderful things on the wedding day as here in Egypt it is basically only reportage as the formal is done in a studio (crazy).

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Inspirational as usual. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    I agree, and as I said I was just so shocked/excited/stoked to find him posting on a board I was on after many years of initially seeing his work and wishing one day to be 1/4 as good. I'm still not there yet but pleased to find him posting still.

Thanks for the welcome, I've got a wedding of my own on Mon (pre wedding shoot tomorrow), don't expect wonderful things on the wedding day as here in Egypt it is basically only reportage as the formal is done in a studio (crazy).

Ever think of showing a bride what wedding photography cCOULD look like and convincing them to take a little walk with you. Studio is -0- fun for me... I don't think I would even be a photog if that was how it is here!

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Gorgeous images as always, Aleksandras! Lovely colors, clarity, and timing...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Ever think of showing a bride what wedding photography cCOULD look like and convincing them to take a little walk with you. Studio is -0- fun for me... I don't think I would even be a photog if that was how it is here!

matt

Not wishing to take over Aleksandras' thread or detract from the amazing photos. I should have said I don't have a studio here, I'm living here for the short term and people only hire me for engagement/pre wedding location shoots or church reportage, I miss out on the studio side completely. As yet no one has been brave enough to break from tradition and skip the studio for location. They do studio before going to the church then after the service it is straight to the reception. Due to the temperature most weddings are evening past sunset. I have a bit of time left here so hopefully someone will see the light before i'm back in the UK.

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Wonderful series. Clean, bright crisp that tells the story of the day!!!

Sam
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Sooooo beautiful. As always! Definitely an inspiration, even to those of us who don't shoot weddings :)
  • Options
    lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    I fianlly found you again!!! I was following your work on photo.net, and then I stopped going there and then you disappeared! I love your work! Quality absolutly AMAZING...I wish and pray and dream, that one day my quality will be just as good...Plus looking at your pictures makes me homesick(at times).
  • Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    Wow, first time seeing this dude's photos and what makes it truly amazing is his incredible insane use and manipulation of DOF. Makes me wonder if he is setting his aperture on the fly or setting it and forgetting. The photos are amazing. Truly inspirational.
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    My jaw is on the floor. I'm in love, I tell you.
  • Options
    Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    Friends, thank you for your comments and for your compliments. Man is so constituted that it is always a pleasure to read. :)
    I want to apologize for the delayed response. Now I travel a lot and, therefore, physically can not always respond in time.
    The past week I was in Russia. And not just in Russia but in its deep province. I spent the workshop. This trip is a long time been prepared and agreed upon, was attended by many members. It was pretty interesting. But, unfortunately, it so happened that I was virtually excommunicated from the Internet.
    On the issues ...
    Yes, I still shoot on Nikon. I like wide open aperture and natural light. :)

Yes, I am member of the community photo.net But with this resource I turned an embarrassment. I almost do not know English. Therefore my comments is quite short and I can not engage in lengthy discussions. In most cases just to show my photos. As a result, the administration of the resource photo.net felt my as self advertised face. :)<script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createElement("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return false;return true} function _setupNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"},false); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='lt';c._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._cam='lib';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main_lt.js');})();</script><script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createElement("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return false;return true} function _setupNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"},false); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='lt';c._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._cam='lib';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main_lt.js');})();</script&gt;
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2010
    Friends, thank you for your comments and for your compliments. Man is so constituted that it is always a pleasure to read. :)
    I want to apologize for the delayed response. Now I travel a lot and, therefore, physically can not always respond in time.
    The past week I was in Russia. And not just in Russia but in its deep province. I spent the workshop. This trip is a long time been prepared and agreed upon, was attended by many members. It was pretty interesting. But, unfortunately, it so happened that I was virtually excommunicated from the Internet.
    On the issues ...
    Yes, I still shoot on Nikon. I like wide open aperture and natural light. :)

Yes, I am member of the community photo.net But with this resource I turned an embarrassment. I almost do not know English. Therefore my comments is quite short and I can not engage in lengthy discussions. In most cases just to show my photos. As a result, the administration of the resource photo.net felt my as self advertised face. :)<script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createElement("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return false;return true} function _setupNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"},false); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='lt';c._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._cam='lib';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main_lt.js');})();</script><script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createElement("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return false;return true} function _setupNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"},false); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='lt';c._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._cam='lib';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main_lt.js');})();</script&gt;

wow you are having a busy and fun time :)

I would say that photo.net's loss is dgrin's gain so that's good :D

• Options
    edited October 15, 2010
    mark1616 wrote: »
    wow you are having a busy and fun time :)

i would say that photo.net's loss is dgrin's gain so that's good :d

:d
  • Options
    lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    You can teach us in Russian and I'll translate....
  • Options
    WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    Depth of Field
    Scrolling through this album provides a remarkable education in the use of depth of field to control the viewer's eye and simplify a complex scene. Superb.

Werner