Is this "too HDR" or saturated?

misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
edited September 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I was going for the childlike response to the playground...

999349048_Yjct9-XL.jpg

Comments

• racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    A tad to much red!!! Eyes are very sensitive to reds, and to me it is the first thing that jumps out. The other colors might be oversaturated also, but to me they are more acceptable then the red. The trees also have blue halos around the trees in the sky, probably from over saturated blues? Also needs straightened, and I would add the rest of the swing to the right, and the rest of the slide to the left (to me they look sort of chopped off). I like the look your going for, and that playground looks pretty fun :D A kid going down the slid, or swinging on a swing would really add to the shot (give a place to rest your eyes)
    Todd - My Photos
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Great shot. Tone down the red a bit and the others will seem to pop more. thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    misterb wrote: »
    I was going for the childlike response to the playground...

I'm really hoping that most kids don't respond by painting the town red.ne_nau.gif

j/k I agree. Red is a little strong here. This monitor is not calibrated, but to me even the trees and sky look a little red.
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Yup- just what I thought... pull back a touch on the reds..