Takara bikini shoot at edge of cliff. NSFW

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited September 8, 2010 in People
I have shot Takara a few times, she is truly beautiful and such a fun person.
These are shot on black lava rock at the edge of a 1500 foot cliff down into a river.

Here is a link to her gallery: http://miker1.smugmug.com/Portraits/Takara/13579121_6FrAf#991574155_2xXUV

999531260_3AhaL-O.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Where do you work that a bikini is nsfw?
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Really.... who gets to sit at work and look at girls in bikinis. I want to work there :).

If you go to the website link you will see why the NSFW. Nothing to revealing but definitely marginal.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Very, very nice + tastefully done! iloveyou.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Nice images but I'm unclear as to why she's wearing a bikini in the desert? Bikinis are swimwear so I generally associate bikinis with the beach or rivers or lakes or pools or some sort of water.

Take a look at any Sports Illustrated swimwear issue-- there's almost always water or a reason for the model to be wearing a bikini. If there's not (ie a desert photo) -- they style the model with something like cowboy boots and a hat and leather gloves and a lasso and have her sitting on a fence.

Your photos are really nice but get your swimwear models somewhere near water and they'll be even better. Or style them so it makes sense as to why the model is wearing a bikini.

Just my two cents anyway.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited September 8, 2010
    Thanks Angie!

I hear you Pete, we went out there to shoot at a waterfall, only to find the water had been diverted for irrigation that day.
    Well we said to each other to bad we didn't have a cowboy hat and boots, no such luck.
    But there was this amazing canyon so we made the best of it.

I like the shots just how they are but yeah a couple in boots and the hat would have been cool.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    If you look like Takara you can wear a bikini any time you want. mwink.gif

Sam
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 8, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    If you look like Takara you can wear a bikini any time you want. mwink.gif
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. People tan in bathing suits, so why couldn't somebody be tanning in the desert?

This is my favorite of the shoot: http://miker1.smugmug.com/Portraits/Takara/13579121_6FrAf#991587609_EGpMN

Zoomer, the lighting is great despite what must have been harsh light. Were you using a scrim? Flash?

Man, those rocks must have been hot and uncomfortable to the model. Kudos to her, and to you for an awesome shoot.

-joel
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    I like this portrait, yes she is gorgeous and I'm more along the lines of she can wear a bikini anywhere she likes....
    The ladies wear bikinis in the desert here in California don't they?

Great set as well!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited September 8, 2010
    Thanks Sam.
    Thanks kdog, all natural light on this one. It was one of those cloudy really bright days, we did shoot it at midday. As I said we were trying to shoot at a waterfall and midday is the only time there is sun in the canyon.
    Thanks reyvee61.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    People tan in bathing suits, so why couldn't somebody be tanning in the desert?

Yes but there is no sun lotion, no towel, no chair... etc to give the impression she's out to get a tan. Telling a story with photos is what will make them great. I have a file of non-water related swimwear photos for inspiration and it's always the styling that will make or break those shots.

I've even dragged out a kiddie pool for a swimwear photo shot in my own backyard. As pretty as the model is, it's the pool and the styling that complete that particular photo.

Again, Zoomer has posted lovely images with a lovely model but more styling or some water would really make them fabulous. Zoomer mentions they tried to go to a waterfall but there wasn't enough water so it's not for lack of effort!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+