My Horse..

DG PhotographDG Photograph Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
some pictures of my horse, I take my pictures with a regular digital camera, has you have already figured out, I am not a pro photogragher, but I do love to take pictures..

DSCF4922.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF9399.jpg

DSCF7780.jpg

DSCF7238.jpg

DSCF2982.jpg

DSCF8076-1.jpg

DSCF8312.jpg

Comments

• jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    The 5th pic is excellent. Looks like the focus ended up just above the eye or it would be perfect, but it's still great composition. Your horse is beautiful.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Nice series and horses. #7 though needs leveling! Much too tilted. Straightened it will be right up there with the rest!

thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Beautiful horses! I like photo # 4 the best. Great job!
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Great looking horse you have :) I bet his chesnut coat shines when it's not winter :) What breed is he?? Almost looks like there is some Arabian in him.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • DG PhotographDG Photograph Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2010
    thanks for the comments everyone..I will try to straighten that picture Donricklin..I will repost it when I do it..

sexy6chick, I really dont know is breed, but we think, Quater horsee, arabian, thoroughbred..Here is a picture of his summer coat, its not the best, but it shows his shine..:)

did anyone notice in the picture of my horses eye, you see a reflection of the horse standing next to him..Thats what I like most about that picture

DSCF1305.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    You have a really nice series ...... You might take a look at the first one and do a tight crop, so it is a head shot of three horses.......... Be careful cutting the feet off ,,, I notice it because I do it all the time:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    I saw the reflection in the horses eye :D but my favorite photo is of the snow falling and all the animals going on a nice walk.
  • DG PhotographDG Photograph Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I saw the reflection in the horses eye :D but my favorite photo is of the snow falling and all the animals going on a nice walk.

the story behind that picture is, we were going for a trail ride, and I got the feeling that it would make a great picture, so I got off my horse, and voila..it's such a peaceful picture, and peaceful was the feeling we had during that ride..
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    Wonderful Series minor technical stuff that already noted. Good eye for it no doubt.
    Love horses they are very expressive.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/