A Couple More From The Oregon Coast...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in Landscapes
These were taken in Shore Acres State Park near Coos Bay, OR.

999652647_tUyfd-XL.jpg

999652369_2cArb-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Looks like Cape Arago... you were certainly in the area... that's some rugged coastline there! i like the first one best... nice depth and composition there.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    I too like #1. Nice layers and the softness from the haze makes it interesting.
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    #1 caught my eye for all the aforementioned reasons. Nice job.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    Thanks guys!

Ron

Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    The first is my favorite, I like the soft and diffused light on the cliffs. They're both good examples of the Oregon coast.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    Both are beautiful.

#1 - The juxtaposition of the blues from sky and sea on the beiges of the coast, accented by the dark green of the foliage, is fabulous. I also love the sharpness of the image, and the amount of small detail you can see.

#2 - The sharpness and colors of this one are great, too, but personally, I'd have cropped down closer to the large rock on the right with all the seals.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    I am actually a bit surprised that this one is still kicking around on the first page here:). Thanks for the comments all!

WillCAD, when I get some time, I am going to try the crop that you suggested on the 2nd pic.Thanks!

Ron

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    I really like the first one. That diffused quality of light, the color and depth of field and the way the composition highlights the tenuous hold that the trees have on the cliff edge.

Phil<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.