Repair Shop Recommendations (Balt/DC)?

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited September 12, 2010 in Cameras
I hadn't been shooting much over the spring or summer, and when I started shooting a few weeks ago I wasn't thrilled with how the shots were coming out. I shoot mostly sports, using a Canon 30D with a Sigma 50-500. Shots were okay--but not really crisp--as they seemed to have been in the past.

I set up the camera on a tripod and took some shots at a high contrast pattern sheet, and also used my Canon 70-200, as well as using my old Canon Rebel (300D) body with both lenses. I really couldn't tell if any particular combination was better or worse than others.

I was going to take the 30D and Sigma to the local photo shop (Severna Park, MD) I've had do some repairs on the Rebel a few years ago--
but they went out of business at the end of August.

Sooo.... does anyone know of a good camera shop in the Baltimore/DC area who can figure out if there is a problems and is it the body, the lens, or me?
Regards

Will

Comments

• travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    wmstumme wrote: »
    I hadn't been shooting much over the spring or summer, and when I started shooting a few weeks ago I wasn't thrilled with how the shots were coming out. I shoot mostly sports, using a Canon 30D with a Sigma 50-500. Shots were okay--but not really crisp--as they seemed to have been in the past.

I set up the camera on a tripod and took some shots at a high contrast pattern sheet, and also used my Canon 70-200, as well as using my old Canon Rebel (300D) body with both lenses. I really couldn't tell if any particular combination was better or worse than others.

I was going to take the 30D and Sigma to the local photo shop (Severna Park, MD) I've had do some repairs on the Rebel a few years ago--
    but they went out of business at the end of August.

Sooo.... does anyone know of a good camera shop in the Baltimore/DC area who can figure out if there is a problems and is it the body, the lens, or me?

Try Penn Camera (Tysons, Laurel or their two locations in downtown). One is on 9th & F St NW & the other is on L street NW
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook