Cant get 1DM3 to H ISO?

Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited September 9, 2010 in Cameras
SOmehow I have selected a CFn that won't allow me to access my "H"ISO on my 1DM3. I did this once before and someone helped me but I can't find the thread from two years ago. Can anyone tell me so I don't have to change all my settings? I can't find anything in the manual or on Canon website. Thanks Patrick:scratch
PDG
Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

Comments

• rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    SOmehow I have selected a CFn that won't allow me to access my "H"ISO on my 1DM3. I did this once before and someone helped me but I can't find the thread from two years ago. Can anyone tell me so I don't have to change all my settings? I can't find anything in the manual or on Canon website. Thanks Patrickheadscratch.gif
    Hi Patrick,

Go into Custom Function 1: Exposure; then dial thru to #3 'Set ISO Speed Range' that's where you define the range both low and high. (From 50 up thru H)

-rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    rich56k wrote: »
    Hi Patrick,

Go into Custom Function 1: Exposure; then dial thru to #3 'Set ISO Speed Range' that's where you define the range both low and high. (From 50 up thru H)

-rich56k
    I already did it. It is enabled, ISO H and L even went to apply but it still wont let me bump it beyond 3200. There is a weird setting that has to be turned off to allow this function to work and I can't remember which one it is..
    PDG
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    I don't have a 1D3, but it sounds like you have "Highlight Tone Priority" enabled. This will not allow ISO above 3200 on most new bodies.
    Randy
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    I don't have a 1D3, but it sounds like you have "Highlight Tone Priority" enabled. This will not allow ISO above 3200 on most new bodies.
    That was it. Perfect. Thank you so much. Patrick
    PDG
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited September 9, 2010
    WTG Randy. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010