Options

"This photo too small to buy"- HELP?

DougBushPhoto.comDougBushPhoto.com Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 9, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi everyone, I have been on smugmug for about six months now and I'm quite satisfied with things. This is my first attempt at a website and though I've found quirks, I've generally had success at working through them. I have come across one issue however that I haven't found an adequate answer to.

I like uploading lower resolution copies of my photographs to make the upload process faster. I then set my proofing days for an adequate amount of time so that I may upload the higher resolution copy for printing. I only list the print sizes that I want to be made available so no one can order a print too big for my print quality standards.

I thought this was a good solution to slow uploads but then I realized... When someone goes to purchase a 10x15 print or other decent sized print, they get caution icon and the text, "This photo is too small to buy this item." I want to be able to continue uploading small resolution pictures without this issue preventing my clients from purchasing the sizes they desire.

Any way to prevent this warning from appearing??? Is anyone even familiar with this problem? Is there something simple that I am overlooking?

I used the search function on the forum so if this is something that has been answered before just give me a link to that topic but please don't whine ;-)

Thanks,
Doug
DougBushPhoto.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 9, 2010
    You need to upload photos that mean the minimum size requirements for each print size. You can find those minimums on this help page - http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality.

--- Denise
  • Options
    DougBushPhoto.comDougBushPhoto.com Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2010
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I read through those specifics and while helpful, I guess I just wish those alerts I referred to earlier were a user controlled option. Now I have another problem though. I have been trying to login to my smugmug account to change some things on my site and every time I login, it just goes to my website and won't give me the options I'm used to seeing. I am logged in according to the smugmug website but I am just not seeing any options to add photos to galleries or change the homepage or anything. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I read through those specifics and while helpful, I guess I just wish those alerts I referred to earlier were a user controlled option. Now I have another problem though. I have been trying to login to my smugmug account to change some things on my site and every time I login, it just goes to my website and won't give me the options I'm used to seeing. I am logged in according to the smugmug website but I am just not seeing any options to add photos to galleries or change the homepage or anything. Any thoughts?
    Hi, write our Support Heroes we'll help you from the desk, thanks!