Horse

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited September 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
My neighbor buys and sells horses....This one is a new horse in the corral.

1001249394_FMF94-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Oh he is quite the looker..definitely quarter horse in him. I love the treatment you did to this image, and that lighting couldn't have been more perfect :)
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • DG PhotographDG Photograph Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 10, 2010
    beautiful subject, I love the color in the picture..
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Oh he is quite the looker..definitely quarter horse in him. I love the treatment you did to this image, and that lighting couldn't have been more perfect :)

Thanks Natalie.....glad you liked it.....:Dgary
    beautiful subject, I love the color in the picture..

Thanks for looking in and the comment........:Dgary
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    You do catch that light just beautifully in your photos. Is he/she a keeper for the guy or will he re-sell it?
    Dogdots wrote: »
    You do catch that light just beautifully in your photos. Is he/she a keeper for the guy or will he re-sell it?

Thanks MARY K. glad you liked it.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    Magnificent animal, but he looks a bit too dark to me. Everything on his body, from the white stripe on his face to the right edge of the frame, is solid black on my screen. Underexposed, perhaps?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Magnificent animal, but he looks a bit too dark to me. Everything on his body, from the white stripe on his face to the right edge of the frame, is solid black on my screen. Underexposed, perhaps?

1002183778_euT8W-L.jpg

This is the pic out of the camera and converted from raw to a jpeg.

I do not see solid black on my monitor, nor does it look under exposed to me, but the doctor told me the other day I was getting cataracts .... who knows what I seerolleyes1.gif
    I heavily PP most of my pictures.....I know some will like them, and some will not......
    Thanks for looking at my picture, and taking the time to comment. gary:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    I like when photographers are willing to show what they started with. Shows how much time, thought and work you put into it :D
    Maybe it's my monitor, then. I'm not using a calibrated or finely-tuned monitor here at work, just an out-of-the-box Samsung 943n, with brightness at 100% and contrast at 75%. But I can't see any detail at all on the horse's body, on the right side of the pic; the whole thing is just solid black, as if it were extremely underexposed.

Looking at the original, though, I most definitely see what you've done to it - the cropping is a great improvement (I'm a big fan of the close-up crop, myself), the softening is quite lovely, and you cloned out the little bits of tail hair that were visible, and some of the mane that looked like a bad combover on a bald guy. The overall color cast of the finished product is also a bit more golden, almost like a sunrise or sunset shot, which is a nice improvement. And I see why you darkened up the horse's body, to get rid of an unsightly blemish and hide some wrinkles and musculature.

Overall, it's a huge improvement on the original. For some reason, it's just really, really dark on my monitor at work. I'll take a look on my home monitor later tonight.

Well done, Gary.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Maybe it's my monitor, then. I'm not using a calibrated or finely-tuned monitor here at work, just an out-of-the-box Samsung 943n, with brightness at 100% and contrast at 75%. But I can't see any detail at all on the horse's body, on the right side of the pic; the whole thing is just solid black, as if it were extremely underexposed.

Looking at the original, though, I most definitely see what you've done to it - the cropping is a great improvement (I'm a big fan of the close-up crop, myself), the softening is quite lovely, and you cloned out the little bits of tail hair that were visible, and some of the mane that looked like a bad combover on a bald guy. The overall color cast of the finished product is also a bit more golden, almost like a sunrise or sunset shot, which is a nice improvement. And I see why you darkened up the horse's body, to get rid of an unsightly blemish and hide some wrinkles and musculature.

Overall, it's a huge improvement on the original. For some reason, it's just really, really dark on my monitor at work. I'll take a look on my home monitor later tonight.

Well done, Gary.

Thanks for taking a second look at it...... It is really dark, but not black....I was looking for a little drama in the picture.....I wanted it to have a striking difference from one side to the other.......gary:D
    Yeah, it looks a lot lighter on my home monitor. I can see some detail on the horse's body and the whole image is a lot lighter than it was at work.

Darn crappy company monitor...