Options

Out the window at Highway speeds

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in Landscapes
On the way to the state fair, my wife decided to drive. Leaving me in the passenger seat with nothin' to do but play with my camera. :wink.

All taken out through the window of a Dodge Intrepid driving at New York State Thruway Speeds. We would certainly never drive faster than the posted limit of 65 mph, right?

1000238526_6u5pi-L.jpg

1000239844_RhJ9k-L-1.jpg

2a. (Tonemapped)
1002603870_Gxquq-L.jpg

1000240371_LyPnK-L.jpg

1000240735_waBYZ-L.jpg

4a. (Tonemapped)
1002590983_4aBqF-L.jpg

C&C Always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    Cool shots!
    I especially like the highway shot with the truck next to you, and how it leads my eye into the frame.
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2010
    Thanks-- do you have a preference, tone-mapped vs. non? Sometimes I like one way, other times I like the other ... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    MarkR wrote: »
    Thanks-- do you have a preference, tone-mapped vs. non? Sometimes I like one way, other times I like the other ... ne_nau.gif

Well, I'm not usually a fan of tone-mapped images, as most to my eye are overdone. Yours, however, is pleasing to my eye, and adds some extra 'pop' that is missing in the straight shot. All that just to say I like the tone-mapped version better. :D
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. Agree that most tonemapped images look fake and overdone. I've been working on a method that I hope provides more "realistic" images through blending back to the original image. Glad the result is pleasing to your eyes. thumb.gif
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    I like the tonemapped version of the truck shot--not overdone and the colors are nice. I've been known to shoot at highway speeds too . . . but never considered posting anything. I'll have to take another look, though I know they aren't as interesting as yours. Those silos and barns are terrific subjects!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words. Shooting out the window is a lot more fun than playing the license plate game, that's for sure! thumb.gif.