The welder CC please

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in People
Was walking home tonight and there was a welder. I never pass up the opportunity. Wish I had my 70-200 but oh well. I will admit, this was my lucky shot. Hand held, and the brightness was just perfect.

D700 w 24-70/2.8
1/2 second f22 ISO1600
700_2971-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• eyeguyeyeguy Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    Great pic. Now I will have to search out welders to see what fun I could have. my only comment is I don't know if I wont to be this welder he is kind of frying his eyeballs out welding without protection.
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    Yes, unfortunatley, it would appear that the bosses do not provide any safety equipment for their workers.

Thanks for looking.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Yes, unfortunatley, it would appear that the bosses do not provide any safety equipment for their workers.
    That's insane. He'll go blind in no time doing that. eek7.gif

Great shot though! Just curious, why F22?
    I may be wrong, but I believe smaller apertures have the effect of creating a sharper edge to the welding arc and shrinking the overall arc flash. At wider apertures the arc seems to overpower everything else and is too big.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    I may be wrong, but I believe smaller apertures have the effect of creating a sharper edge to the welding arc and shrinking the overall arc flash. At wider apertures the arc seems to overpower everything else and is too big.
    Interesting. I wonder if that's similar to using smaller apertures to create sun stars. You do have a nice star effect going on there.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins

I concur with that as I will often shoot fireworks at higher apertures as well.

I must say this is a great shot!
    Well done.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited September 13, 2010
    Thanks! Glad you like the shot.