FS: Canon EF 100-400mmL IS USM AF: date code UW01

guitarman4guitarman4 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 10, 2010 in House of Canon
Hello fellow photographers. Up for sale is my Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM AF lens. It is in fantastic condition and is a sharp copy. It's in NEAR-NEW condition. NO scrapes, scratches or scuffs from what I can see. NEVER dropped. Always kept in camera bag with caps and hood on. The date code is UW0117 (Jan. 2008) and I bought the lens new from Sigma4Less in April 2008. Asking $1360 shipping included.

Lens Model: Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM AF

Lens Body Condition: 9.5 out of 10 Reason: It's not brand new, but there are no visible scuffs, scrapes or scratches at all, looks like NEW! The only exception to this is on the black threads where the lens hood screws on. There are slight signs of wear here from putting the hood on and taking it off for storage.

Lens Glass Condition: 9.9 out of 10 Reason: I don’t see anything wrong with the glass. I always used a blower on the glass and rarely needed to clean it. When I did clean it, I used a gentle microfiber cloth.

Sale Includes: Lens, both caps, hood (a couple scuffs), unused zipper case, original box, instruction booklet and blank warranty card.

Price: $1360 USD shipping in the U.S. included

Payments Accepted: cash if it's a local transaction but will take PayPal Gift if it needs to be shipped

Possible Trades: None

Shipping Methods Available (Ships From): UPS Ground or US Priority Mail

Shipping Available To: US Only please

Item location: Portland, OR area. If you’re local, I would be more than happy (and prefer) to meet with you.

Best Contact Method: PM me here or e-mail me at grillguy50@comcast.net, whichever you prefer.

Reason for selling: I also have the Canon f5.6 400 prime and find, as a bird photographer, I don’t require the zoom capabilities of the 100-400. The money will be put to better use by upgrading my 40D body. I babied this lens from the time I got it. I will provide photos of the lens and also photos taken with the lens to anyone who contacts me and requests it.

Thanks for your interest!

Dennis