My Dog

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Eddie
Working Wolfhound (I have never seen a wolf in my backyard so must assume he's doing his job)
13 years
200 lbs
Good attitude - Loves kids
Lives in woodpile

640-c-eddie-05369.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    Howdy,

OH MY, what a wonderful Hound, My Wife has always wanted one.

Look forward to seeing some more shots of Him/Her.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    You have to take a photo that shows his size!! Great looking dog.

Sam
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    200 pounds....He is as big as I am. I see why the wolves stay away. Good looking dog, Walter. :Dgary
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    I can see the emo in Eddie!rolleyes1.gifAre you sure it's a dog?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    Eddie looks like a sweetie iloveyou.gif 200 lbs ...wow...takes a lot of dog food to keep him happy :D

My hubby's Dad had 2 of these dogs. They're instinct is to hunt in pairs. They will run along side of what their chasing....when the animal moves to one side it's taken down.

Look forward to seeing more photos of Eddie :D
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Sam wrote: »
    You have to take a photo that shows his size!! Great looking dog.

Sam

+1! Get down to his level and get some context in the shot to show his size next time. He looks like an awesome pup!
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    rolleyes1.gifGee and wiz
    Michael
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    Thanks everybody- Eddie adores the attention. I'll see what I can do about a scale shot next time we walk up to the library (It's his big social event).

A few notes-

I have never had a dog that garners so many comments. People driving by stop, kids run down the street and my grandchildren ask about him all the time. A true social animal. Everybody along the two blocks from the library knows his name, but only know me as the guy that walks Eddie. I take him to the library (mostly for him), and find him surrounded by kids when I come out. He's never bit anything or one, or even growled in anger. He absolutely loves kids and has never even bumped one over-not even one of our grandkids when they were toddlers. I've been amazed. He finds chihuahuas and other tiny dogs intriguing. Every now and again we'll find one that has run away from home to come play with him (and our lab). We don't mind the sleep overs. He doesn't like fireworks or thunder. That's the only time we bring him into the house. He rarely barks, but when he does, it's loud and deep. When he was younger and could get in my truck easily enough we'd go camping. He was/is a great companion. I trained him early on to stand behind me and the tripod. I could go one. He's a wonderful dog. I can't imagine not ever having him.
    Anybody can do it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    A dog shot in OCS!!! (ref to ongoing thread about having a dog subforum) Nice shot and story, Walter. I, too, would love to see the scale shot! Why does he live in the woodpile? Did he just adopt that place? I guess he's so big that wherever he says he wants to sleep is OK. rolleyes1.gif

Let's see more!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com