Couple Of Wet Bumble Bees

AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited September 13, 2010 in Holy Macro
These guys were just sitting in the rain. I took a couple of shots with the 105 and a couple with the 105 and tubes. These guys are to big to use tubes??

[URL="[IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ambrola/BumbleBee2.jpg[/IMG]"]BumbleBee2.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ambrola/Bumblebee1.jpg[/IMG]"]Bumblebee1.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    Ambrola wrote: »
    These guys are to big to use tubes??

:D
    yes thats the effect tubes have

wrap some paper towel around your flash , and they would be great pic's thumb.gif
  • AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    basflt wrote: »
    :D
    yes thats the effect tubes have

wrap some paper towel around your flash , and they would be great pic's thumb.gif
    I have my flash and bracket, but the cable don't work the lite right. It hardly puts out any light? I don't know whats wrong, but I will get the flash to the end of the lens and quiten it down.
    then it must be sun light
    have you tried an [any] image editor ? ( you should )
    I didn't edit them at all. Straight out of the camera. One of them I stacked 2 pics together I think? I am waiting until I get my rig straightened out before I get to deep into the pics. Gonna have to get another camera, can't take anything but Macro once you put all this on? I would hate to take it apart everytime I wanted to shoot a landscape?? What do you guys do?
    forget the tubes for a while
    with lens only , you can shoot anything
    you dont need a new camera for that
    pics above are not really bad , you just have to work on your technique
    and , learn to edit the pics , thats a big part of digital photography
    Yea, I know. I have Photoshop on the PC also. Thats bad. To lazy to edit, but I realy want to shoot small stuff like the water drops LordV does so well. Thats what I would love to get right. Practice, practice, practice??
    Yea, I know. I have Photoshop on the PC also. Thats bad. To lazy to edit, but I realy want to shoot small stuff like the water drops LordV does so well. Thats what I would love to get right. Practice, practice, practice??
    yes , practice
    you and me , we will never reach the level of Lord.V
    but we can try !

the reason photoshop is lazy , is because your pc is not powerfull enough , but it does work
    [ what pc you have , and what memory ? mayby you can change something there ? ]

changing lens / tubes , is normal , learn to live with it
    I added RAM last week to get it to 2gbs. I should uninstall it then reinstall and see if that helps.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    Not bad at all. I do get the impression you are trying to run before you can walk. I'd forget the tubes and focus stacking for a while and just try to get used to shooting upto 1:1 with and without flash.
    Brian v.
    edited September 12, 2010
    Not bad at all. I do get the impression you are trying to run before you can walk. I'd forget the tubes and focus stacking for a while and just try to get used to shooting upto 1:1 with and without flash.
    Brian v.
    I have never tried shooting without any flash. Will it let enough light through to see the image without the tubes on??
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    I have never tried shooting without any flash. Will it let enough light through to see the image without the tubes on??

Yes I fairly often shoot natural light on slightly cloudy days using Tv mode at 1/200th or faster and up the ISo to get reasonable aperture.

eg below
    Brian V.

2479304235_ccdda3cf6e.jpg
    edited September 13, 2010
    Thanks Brian. Thats what I need, critique and help. I was using a very slow shutter speed,1/60th, and ISO at 400 to get light on these shots. I am going back to the basics, and try diffrent light configs.