Options

Dgrin by email

NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
edited September 2, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Dear dgrin owners,

Dgrin is really prospering. Over the last few months I have a feeling member numbers have risen in hundreds of percents. The number of new daily posts as well. That's great! A wealth of information and views available in a very friendly atmosphere!

I really love these forums but I am finding it impossible to keep up. Even logging in twice a day is not enough to be able to keep up with dozens of new posts. A day or two completely away from the forums is a catastrophe - no chance of reading everything (something I WOULD like to do) without spending hours. I find myself quickly skimming through the subjects, searching only for something extraordinary, and then "mark forums read". I am not content with this type of participation but cannot handle it any other way. I have a feeling I'm not the only one. I think some veterans of these forums are participating much less than in the past.

Suggestion: Allow me to dgrin by email - create an option for members to get all new threads by email. A reply email will either subscribe to the specific thread or not. When subscribed to a thread allow me to receive all posts to that thread by email (without having to login after the 1st). Give me an option to choose weather to get images included in the emails or not. Allow me to post to a thread by email. Give me the freedom to download all posts by email to a mobile device and than read them at leisure, in bed, on the bus or in the ... well, wherever.

What do you think?

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Dear dgrin owners,

Dgrin is really prospering. Over the last few months I have a feeling member numbers have risen in hundreds of percents. The number of new daily posts as well. That's great! A wealth of information and views available in a very friendly atmosphere!

I really love these forums but I am finding it impossible to keep up. Even logging in twice a day is not enough to be able to keep up with dozens of new posts. A day or two completely away from the forums is a catastrophe - no chance of reading everything (something I WOULD like to do) without spending hours. I find myself quickly skimming through the subjects, searching only for something extraordinary, and then "mark forums read". I am not content with this type of participation but cannot handle it any other way. I have a feeling I'm not the only one. I think some veterans of these forums are participating much less than in the past.

Suggestion: Allow me to dgrin by email - create an option for members to get all new threads by email. A reply email will either subscribe to the specific thread or not. When subscribed to a thread allow me to receive all posts to that thread by email (without having to login after the 1st). Give me an option to choose weather to get images included in the emails or not. Allow me to post to a thread by email. Give me the freedom to download all posts by email to a mobile device and than read them at leisure, in bed, on the bus or in the ... well, wherever.

What do you think?
    Moved to dgrin support forum.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    :cry bump drums.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    nir, you can get email notifications of threads that you subscribe to, but afaik, you cannot get the actual threads/posts emailed to you, nor can you reply back by email.

sorry i don't have a better answer for you
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    This is something that should be brought up to the software developers, vbulletin to see if they can make it.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2005
    andy wrote:
    nir, you can get email notifications of threads that you subscribe to, but afaik, you cannot get the actual threads/posts emailed to you, nor can you reply back by email.

sorry i don't have a better answer for you
    Hi Andy!

I know what you're saying. I'm just saying I'd like it different. Since the forums already have some kind of interface to email, I thought it was something that could be done. ne_nau.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts