Options

Coming to terms with Photoshop destiny

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited January 19, 2004 in The Big Picture
I'm finally starting to come to terms with my Photoshop destiny, in realizing that I must process nearly all of my dSLR shots through that program to make them look good. Life was so simple when I was just using a Canon S400 and everything came out bright, sharp, and cheerful with no post processing.

Fishwife is laughing at me for buying a big expensive camera (10D) and having to spend time in the digital darkroom to process the photos. I'm not laughing yet. :(:

Anybody else in the same boat?
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    Kelly says he sharpens just about every pic. ne_nau.gif PS processing is one reason why I'm so slow about turning around ride reports. The process is so time consuming. Ask patch how much he enjoys pounding through 100's of photos after a shoot. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Kelly says he sharpens just about every pic. ne_nau.gif PS processing is one reason why I'm so slow about turning around ride reports. The process is so time consuming. Ask patch how much he enjoys pounding through 100's of photos after a shoot. :D

I need a much faster computer. This weekend we have shot over 14gb or raw data and the job is 70% finished. Loads of fun. Luckily this is just a shot it and ship it job, not too much processing, but still backing it up, rotating, and getting it ready to ship is a task.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I've been spoiled by P&S. Shoot, batch resize and sharpen in irfanview, and upload to smugmug. Not with the 10D. Are you sure you want a dSLR? rolleyes1.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson