Options

Wedding Kids!

hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited June 22, 2004 in Weddings
Kids at a wedding - don't you just love 'em!?!?!?

I hope I captured some of the mystry of being a kid in these images.

Boy do I like this one!

5381477-L.jpg

Salt shaker boy with Grandma!

5381482-M.jpg

This next one is the picture of boredom!

5381486-M.jpg

The expression on her face had me in stitches!

5381488-M.jpg

This one was a true angel. Quiet, reserved, and responded to the camera.

5403342-L.jpg

And last but not least -

5408929-L.jpg

This was a very nice wedding. The little people made it very special for the bride and groom.

Hutch

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    The accidental wedding photographer says, "Great wedding shots, especially the first, but all are great!" Was there a professional wedding photograher there, or did the who onus fall on you? It would have been much more fun at Judy & Gail's if there had been less pressure. Did you try to get shots at the alter? Did that work?

FM has a wedding photograper forum which is great for finding out how the super pros approach it.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Shots at the altar?
    rutt wrote:
    The accidental wedding photographer says, "Great wedding shots, especially the first, but all are great!" Was there a professional wedding photograher there, or did the who onus fall on you? It would have been much more fun at Judy & Gail's if there had been less pressure. Did you try to get shots at the alter? Did that work?

FM has a wedding photograper forum which is great for finding out how the super pros approach it.

Rutt,
    After the wedding my husband did get posed shots at the altar. All of this stuff was arranged ahead of time. The lighting was that bracketed strobe, way off of the camera.

When you mentioned lighting last time and I mentioned the bracket and all. I just wanted to mention the bridal shot, that is taken a long time ahead of the wedding, in the studio, or outdoors, where ever. If it is taken in the studio regular studio lighting, or which I know nothing, is what is generally used.
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Hi John,

They had a long time friend of the family taking pictures. I told him I wanted to take some pictures but did not want to step on his toes. He was great. Taught me some stuff about photography in general and portraiture in particular. He has been a photog for years and was using some expensive medium format equipment. He took all of the formal pictures so I mostly just took candid stuff.

He has just started using a digital camera, so we had a lot to talk about. He had his digital (8 megapixel Olympus) with him, but he just played with it some and did not take any real "wedding" pictures with it.

Hutch
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    kids at a wedding
    hutchman wrote:
    Kids at a wedding - don't you just love 'em!?!?!?

The expression on her face had me in stitches!

5381488-M.jpg

I love those shots of children at a wedding. The first one is so good. But then one has to look at these expressions. They are all good. Love kids.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    I remember those days. There were times when you just had to sit there and it was impossible! The part I remember most was dancing with all the other kids once the adults had a few drinks and relaxed a little.

Dave